Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

rushandtilley

drain

Rate this Entry
Does the drain hurt while it in you? how long is it in you? Or hurt when they take it out? Sorry this might be a silly question.. just trying to prepare myself!!

Submit "drain" to Digg Submit "drain" to del.icio.us Submit "drain" to StumbleUpon Submit "drain" to Google

Tags: almanza, mexico Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

MIne didn't hurt as long as I did not pull on it.
    Depends on your Dr. how long it is in.
    Mine 2 days
    The drain doesn't hurt like you think and it doesn't hurt at all when they pull it out either. I haven't had my surgery yet, but I'm a breast cancer survivor and I had 4 drains at once with my double mastectomy. The most pain you will have is coughing a little and riding in a car or on a plane. Carry a pillow to press against your tummy when you need to cough or our body direction is changing when riding. You will be fine!
    Well, I had NO pain after surgery. But boy howdy, did I let out a little "ahhhhh" when they were taking that sucker out...hahahaha.....but maybe I am just a wuss when it comes to that! But, now that I think of it, it just felt weird. It was about 2 feet long and it took about 2 seconds for it to come out. You breathe in, and exhale and they take it out. You'll do fine! I see that you are having surgery with Dr. Almanza, the nurses are great, and Sebastian did a great job when he took mine out. Good luck!!
    It hurt me when they pulled the drain out but once it was out it was over. I was a little sore there until the next morning.
    In the hospital one night and out the next day. Took the drain out before I left with no pain.
    I asked my surgeon if I would have a drain, he said sleeve patients usually don't??? Hmmmm
    I had my drain in for 3 days. The worst part was trying not to roll on it when I Slept. I solved the problem by pinning it to the front of my jammies. That way I could be on my back and roll to either side without it getting in the way. I was too bloated to sleep on my tummy anyways.

The closest thing I had to pain postop was some mild cramping. Turns out it was from the drain. As soon as they pulled it the cramping sensation went away. And no it didn't hurt when they pulled it.
    My doctor said i will not be getting a drain
    Not all bariatric surgeries use a drain, depends on the protocol of the surgery facility and surgeon.
    my surgery was done last Tuesday and the drain was removed this past Friday (4 days) didn't feel any pain just a little pressure on the side but was so fast that I didn't have time to day UFF.. so don't be scare the earliest they removed the best...

mm