Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandralee71

Has anyone else having a issue with a slow resting heart rate ?

Rate this Entry
Hi everyone, I have been noticing lately that my heart rate is in the mid to high 40's or low 50's. I have lost 130pound in total so far and walk a lot and work out 3 - 4 times a week. I seen my doctor today and he wants to send me to a cardiologist to be on the safe side but said it may be nothing also. Anyone else experience this on their journey. Any input appreciated.

Submit "Has anyone else having a issue with a slow resting heart rate ?" to Digg Submit "Has anyone else having a issue with a slow resting heart rate ?" to del.icio.us Submit "Has anyone else having a issue with a slow resting heart rate ?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Has anyone else having a issue with a slow resting heart rate ?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yes. I had it. It's called bradycardia. I was hospitalized for three days about a year and a half after surgery. Lost 103 pounds. They did every test you could imagine and founf no reason for it. If you search on here it's not uncommon. My heart rate is generally in e low 50s during the day and down to 40ish while sleeping.
    my heart rate runs in the 50s but it has always been like that
    Quote Originally Posted by greenmomma
    Yes. I had it. It's called bradycardia. I was hospitalized for three days about a year and a half after surgery. Lost 103 pounds. They did every test you could imagine and founf no reason for it. If you search on here it's not uncommon. My heart rate is generally in e low 50s during the day and down to 40ish while sleeping.
    Thanks for your input, even thought I don't feel anything wrong physically, I never had anything like this before and it kinda scared me.
    Quote Originally Posted by KariVSG
    my heart rate runs in the 50s but it has always been like that
    My mom died a year ago of a heart issue undiagnosed until it was to late I guess I am being over paranoid about the heart rate issue.
    I have had one my entire life. Resting rate in the mid to low 50's. Which is at the bottom of the scale of normal. Doctors have always told me nothing to worry about.
    my dr said that our hearts are used to pumping so much more blood thru so much more body that now that we have lost so much weight, it really doesn't have to work very much. I have lost 80. she says that it will get a bit higher as everything shrinks to the new size.