Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Oh Lisa

Take the leap

Rate this Entry
So I did it. I just took the leap and committed to the sleeve. I booked it with Dr. Ariel Ortiz in Mexico! So crazy, I know, but after going through 3 months of working with my insurance co and still being told it would be at least 3-6 more months, another Dr. visit, and nearly $2,000 more and I could have it done locally. So my legs are tired of jumping through hoops and I took the leap. A coworker did this not too long ago and she loved the experience so here I go. My date is scheduled for November 30th. I would do it sooner except I have a conference the last week of October so no way to make it work. I paid my deposit, booked the airfare and received an onslaught of paper work which I actually finished and then the onslaught of the prep. Due to my size I'll start the 3 week pre-op diet which I wasn't planning on being so expensive - but I'm all in so I purchased the pre & post op required food items today. I weigh 255 so my target weight is to be at 242 by surgery. But its Thanksgiving you may say and then I say oh yes it is and I'm doing it this year. It's not our year to have them on actual Thanksgiving so I'll be doing it on the 12th. I'll just have to figure out how to have my turkey and eat it too within the limits of the pre-op diet. I plan to use this to record my personal thoughts on the process from the leap of faith to the leap from the plus size department to the leap in this lifestyle change. Maybe you'll find an answer to something you're wondering or maybe you'll just pass this by. Either way its all ok.

Submit "Take the leap" to Digg Submit "Take the leap" to del.icio.us Submit "Take the leap" to StumbleUpon Submit "Take the leap" to Google

Comments

✨Welcome!✨

Firstly. Congratulations on your decision, and know your life is about to change for the better as reported in 99% of most cases. For me, the risks of surgery were much lower than if I had stayed on the same path.

As you post questions or blog about your journey you will find a fountain of support and sage advice from veteran sleevers, as well as those in their early stages.

If you haven't already watch Dr. Matthew Weiner YouTube channel for what to expect before/after surgery.

This surgery has been the best decision I have ever made, it is by no means an easy way out, it is also NOT a ✨*Magic Wand*✨ that will make weight magically disappear. It takes mindful every day work to stay present and use our permanent tool to be better and healthier versions of our current selves.

Lastly, you know you can have Thanksgiving dinner anytime you choose to do so and the main ingredients are readily available. If you are preparing dinner, choose to make lighter fares, instead of loading up you and your family with over processed ingredients make healthy alternative.

Here is a good read to get you started : http://www.nygetfit.com/blog/put-tha...-loss-surgery/

Sending you the best of wishes!