Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

meme_mayham

Why or how am I getting smaller, but the scale doesn't move?

Rate this Entry
So I'm only down 32lbs since sept 7th, 20 preop and 12 since the 1st. However, I started in a size 26pants and tonight, i put on a size 20, a pants that I bought a while ago, that couldn't fit past my knees, these are not stretchy pants, but fitted, with no give in the waist
when will I see the scale move?

I am great full, not complaining, just wondering

Submit "Why or how am I getting smaller, but the scale doesn't move?" to Digg Submit "Why or how am I getting smaller, but the scale doesn't move?" to del.icio.us Submit "Why or how am I getting smaller, but the scale doesn't move?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why or how am I getting smaller, but the scale doesn't move?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You're down 32 pounds since September 7th? I know that doesn't sound like a significant weight loss to you, but think back to your old life, when would that ever have happened? You're doing great. My team gave me a chart of what I could reasonably expect in weight loss for the different weights over different periods of time. That is helpful to keep things in perspective. I'm glad you're seeing changes even if you don't think the scale is moving!

Wish me luck, I'm next week!
    Good luck, it's got its ups and downs, but it's worth it
    Read the post by numbers...Tape your butt

You're doing GREAT!

You'll see the scale move but the inches just fall off. I know its hard but just weigh once a week, water weight fluctuates so much, especially as you get closer to your goal weight.
    scales are impacted by lots of things....this is why we can't always gauge fat loss. measurements and clothing are better indicators that things are going well

Sounds like a great accomplishment already! congrats
    weigh once a MONTH!!!
    I literally dropped a size overnight, scales are still the same though, I honestly don't care about the scales, I love my tape measure though, keep up the good work, you are amazing
    I can't agree with weighing in only 1x a month. That is way too long and as you advance in post op you will want to catch any weight gain early on, so starting a habit now is key..for me anyway. My goal is life long and I know what works for me is to keep myself accountable I weigh in every other day. Sure it fluctuates but I can always tell when my period is early..
    your doing great on your weight loss
    I weigh once a week - then I adjust my ticker on this website. Works for me.
    I refuse to get on the scale at home. I only weigh in when I go to see my doctor. I started out weighing myself everyday and it was great for the first month then I started eating more and I was stuck. I started worrying about not losing enough to the point I refused to get on the scale. My next weigh in will be in January. Go with how you feel. The weight will come off. Be proud of yourself.
    I "say" I only weigh once a month, but in reality, I can't alwZys wait that long.

Today is an example....I put on a skort that I know is too big, but it still " works", or so I thought. It was just barely hanging on....undies showing like a hood rat! I had to weigh to see what I was. Unfortunately, I was disappointed in what the scale told me.