Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

mrtumnus

Have not been on in awhile

Rate this Entry
Gee whiz! I decided to add exercise to my forte and it has sloooowed down my weight loss..has taken me like 3 weeks to budge that scale 1 pound! Depressing! I have 48 more pounds to get rid of and this is my 7th month post op. I am though exercising 3 times a week..walking. I am up to about 12 miles per week at 18 minutes a mile. I suspect I am building muscle up which weighs more than fat. I wanted so badly to have 100 knocked off by Christmas, but I do not see that happening....SIGH. I could get close though

Submit "Have not been on in awhile" to Digg Submit "Have not been on in awhile" to del.icio.us Submit "Have not been on in awhile" to StumbleUpon Submit "Have not been on in awhile" to Google

Updated 10-18-2016 at 03:02 PM by mrtumnus (weight loss, exercise)

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Kudos for adding exercise!!!

Have you done a body composition scan to track muscle gain and fat loss? I would highly recommend it, as well measuring for inches lost.

I'm on week 6 of my 12-week weight and strength training and I had a DEXa body composition scan pre start, I have a mid session in a few days and I will have a post session in December.

I have been losing and gaining the same four pounds this month. It's frustrating as heck, bt I have measured myself and have lost inches all over! Even my neck! I'm about to get rid of my 14's and im getting my comfortable in size 12 though I feel a bit snugged in them.

Keep up the great work!
    Are you doing measurements? That's how you give the finger to the scale. If it IS muscle gain stalling the scale, you'll see it in your measurements.

It may also be you need to up calories slightly to account for the caloric burn you have now added. Your body might be holding onto every calorie as you are in deficit again and it's worried.

Try looking at that for peace of mind....if need more calories, look to protein and healthy fats if those are on the lower end. I don't even talk carbs since there is such a spectrum o f post bari eating life....but those may be low, too.

If the scale finally moved, your body may have finally adjusted and you'll see the losses now. time and some investigation of intake hopefully encourages you to stay the course of exercise
    Give the finger to the scale---LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! You won't believe this but I dropped another pound this am LOL
    I think you are right as to holding on to calories...and a scan what a great idea I had one post op would be interesting to see for sure