Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Roxygettingfit

Stabbing Pain, Pain, HELP

Rate this Entry
Hello All..

I am 3 weeks post-op and been having excruciating knife stabbing or pulling tearing like pains in my left side where the majority of incisions are. When I saw my doc for my 2 week she said it was normal as the muscles are healing.

The pain is so bad that it has brought me to tears a few times.
Usually happens when I am laying down sleeping and try to change sleep positions or if I move or bend wrong during the day.

Anyone else experience this?
I want to call my doc again but if it is normal I will just go with it.

I haven't seen this on any blogs as of yet.... Any help would be appreciated.

Down 16.8 pounds

Submit "Stabbing Pain, Pain, HELP" to Digg Submit "Stabbing Pain, Pain, HELP" to del.icio.us Submit "Stabbing Pain, Pain, HELP" to StumbleUpon Submit "Stabbing Pain, Pain, HELP" to Google

Tags: pain Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

if the pain gets worse go to the ER
    That type of pain just doesn't sound right to me. Better safe, than sorry - call your doctor or get yourself to urgent care.

Good luck!
    Call your doctor back.
    Do you still have your drains in? I had that pain, i had my drain taken out, and then the pain and swelling went away.
    I believe the pain was making me dizzy and causing me to bloat. Hope you feel better. Make a plan to go see the dr.
    Quote Originally Posted by meme_mayham
    Do you still have your drains in? I had that pain, i had my drain taken out, and then the pain and swelling went away.
    I believe the pain was making me dizzy and causing me to bloat. Hope you feel better. Make a plan to go see the dr.

I don't have drains. ?
    Thanks all - I left a mes with my doctor. After googling this.. it does seem pretty normal for some to have this pain. But to be safe I did place a call and will keep you all posted.
    Other than this pain, I feel great.
    So it appears that I pulled some abdomen muscles. Prob not taking it as easy as I should have.
    All is good.
    take it easy and relax
    My doctor said it was normal to have that pain if it is coming from the main incision. It is from the dissoluble stitches, and might even feel a pop when they finally break free from the muscle.
    glad to hear your ok