Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MistyNoel

Sleeved. Quit Job. Lost BF. Got New Job. Moved To Tennessee

Rate this Entry
The title is basically my post-sleeved life summary. Talk about a wild roller coaster ride. I don't have any friends yet since I moved to Knoxville and I just needed to talk to someone - even if it is in blog form. I wanted to share my story not because it is actually pretty entertaining, but just to get it out. So here we go....

I started my sleeve journey Dec 28th 2015. Went through all the doctor, therapy, and nutrition appointments - super fun btw. My insurance didn't cover much and wasn't going to cover any of the surgery or hospital stay. I stayed positive and just made it work. Once it was all said and paid for, I was sleeved on May 10th 2016. I will never forget that day and how hard my mom and I laughed before they wheeled me back. I have a few body piercings and I gave them to my mom for safe keeping. I forgot about my nipple ring until about 5 sec before they rolled me out and I shouted "Wait I need to give my mom my nipple ring". The nurse about fell down laughing and my mom laughed so hard she couldn't breath. I know a few surrounding patients and nurses got a good kick out of it too. The story gets better...

I only felt pain when I first woke up after surgery and was very thankful to have my mommy to hold my hand and get sassy with the staff when an hour and a half went by and no pain meds were given. Someone finally came 2 hours after surgery to drug me up. Then I loved everyone. I was able to walk out of the hospital next day. I was really nauseous the next few days and couldn't keep my pain medicine down at all so I just abandoned the hope I would be able to take it. My mom went to the pharmacy and the pharmacist's wife had the same surgery a few months back and suggested to crush up a few children's dramamine in some water and slowly sip on that. It totally worked. The doctor later prescribed me some stuff to help too, but I had trouble keeping it down. After that it was pretty smooth sailing through the diet stages and my weight dropped fast. I know you're ready for the juicy stuff like quitting my job and my BF leaving me, so let's jump on that train wreck.

My boyfriend of 2 years left me about 2 days after I had my surgery. He was very against me having it. To the point he would hide my car keys so I couldn't make my pre-appointments. We had a few heated discussions and I never told him where I kept my spare, so clever me. He finally came around after going to the doctor with me and the doctor telling him how bad my health was and that I'm high risk and could actually die if I didn't do something. He wouldn't believe me that the medical conditions I had made losing weight the natural way really wasn't going to work. It's not like the surgery route was my only go at losing weight. I tried all the diets and injections and everything else we all go through until ending up at the last resort - surgery. I found out later that he was cheating on me during the whole process anyway so why the hell was he concerned anyway? But back to the leaving me part. He stayed with me the first night when I got home from the hospital but was not much help. I woke up throwing up and had to clean it all up myself as he just laid in the bed saying how gross it all was. He left the next day just disappeared. I was really heart broken the first week but then suddenly felt like all was right in the world. I asked myself, "was he the black hole sucking all the light from my world and I didn't even know it?" My other sassy personality, Sasha, answered "Yaaaaaaaaaaasssssssss Bitch!! That's what I've been telling you, stupid". I don't usually listen to her because she is my party gremlin and usually gets me in trouble. She was right about that dude though. And that's the story of my boyfriend leaving me 2 days after surgery (taking a bow). But the fun doesn't end there, on no my dear friends...

Quitting my job. I had taken time off to have the surgery and recover and during that time I received notice that my position was being dissolved and they were moving into the sales department - phone sales and the target clients were truck drivers. I had done that when I first started their and cleverly marketed myself for a different position (the one being dissolved) because it was awful. Being cussed out on a daily basis when your naturally emotional is not a way to earn a living. I'm a cryer too when people yell at me and so I'm pretty positive that they moved me there to get me to quit. So I kindly declined (their evil pan was complete) and peacefully parted ways. I thought being in a very technical area like Charlotte NC, I would find a digital marketing position pretty quickly. Boy was I wrong. I did really creative things to get my resume to the right person and was able to perfect my brownie skills in the process. Brownies are great bribes to get reception to deliver a resume, and cupcakes . I had tons of interviews but no offers. My hopes were very high, but competing with 300 other candidates really smashed my dreams. I have some family in Tennessee and they offered me a place to stay if I wanted to look for work there. I applied to 3 jobs in Knoxville Tn, interviewed for all of them, and was offered a position at each one. So suck it Charlotte NC!

Moved to Tennessee. So I had my surgery in May and had a new job by September and was working in TN then driving back to NC to pack my house. I did that the whole month of September and it was a nice distraction from my stall - you know 'em, you hate 'em. Stalls are like a cruel and unusual punishment. Stupid stalls. Back to the story. I stayed with my Aunt and just blossomed at work. They noticed I drank protein shakes and snacked on little bits through the day instead of eating a regular lunch so I talked about my surgery. They were very supportive and when anyone brings in baked goods, they are sweet enough to bring me a sugar-free option. Sugar makes me a little ill so I try to avoid it. Every now and then I can eat a bite of something sweet but that is as far as I go. I really couldn't have asked for a better life than what I have now. I'm down 70lbs (started at 261 day of surgery), I got a job that I love to do and I get paid much more than my previous place of employment, I have completely re invented my eating habits as well as myself, I'm happier than I have ever been, and I don't stress as much. There is the flood of crazy emotions from time to time from losing so much so fast, but that's nothing a good Clueless movie night and phone call to my mommy can't fix.
Making huge life decisions like getting sleeved, quitting my job, and moving 4 hours away from everything I knew was really scary. I'm very thankful for having the lady balls to do it and don't regret anything. My life journey has been full of twists, turns, and steep mountains but I love it and I finally have control instead of the food. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for reading and I'll continue posting because it's very therapeutic. Especially because I have my first date, not only since the surgery, but since moving so it going to be interesting. Blog to you soon xoxo Misty Noel

Submit "Sleeved. Quit Job. Lost BF. Got New Job. Moved To Tennessee" to Digg Submit "Sleeved. Quit Job. Lost BF. Got New Job. Moved To Tennessee" to del.icio.us Submit "Sleeved. Quit Job. Lost BF. Got New Job. Moved To Tennessee" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sleeved. Quit Job. Lost BF. Got New Job. Moved To Tennessee" to Google

Comments

Thank you for sharing, Misty. I really enjoyed reading about the happenings in your life since surgery. You are doing GREAT!! And, it will only get better as time goes by. I hope you keep visiting and posting as my surgery is next Wednesday and I need a lot of supportive folks to help me along.

I sent you a friend request, BTW........
    What a great story about how change can be scary, but worthwhile! Congratulations on your new life!
    My son and DIL live in Knoxville!
    Great story, congratulations on all your good fortune.
    Holy smokes - good for you!!!
    Wow that is some rollercoaster and I thought my life was like the big dipper !! Lol x great well written account - hope you settle soon and make new friends etc ! You sound fun xx
    Congrats on your new life! at least you didn't marry the ex boy friend/dunkey....that's something...plus your mum looks likes like she is lovely and supportive, that's the most important! good luck for your date!!take care!
    Congrats and good luck. (And good riddance to the albatross-boyfriend.P
    Good for you... finding yourself again this is great and congrats on the weight loss, you are doing great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Champagne
    Thank you for sharing, Misty. I really enjoyed reading about the happenings in your life since surgery. You are doing GREAT!! And, it will only get better as time goes by. I hope you keep visiting and posting as my surgery is next Wednesday and I need a lot of supportive folks to help me along.

I sent you a friend request, BTW........
    Oh the pre-surgery jitters. You will do awesome! Make sure and pack something that comforts you your fav blanket or maybe a perfume that calms you (just to sniff not spray). It really helps when you wake up. I had a teddy bear and a blanket. No shame in my adult game lol. I'll be with you in spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam G
    My son and DIL live in Knoxville!
    I really like it here.
    What a beautiful end story to a beautiful strong woman, thank you for sharing your journey.
    Great story, thanks for sharing, and you are definitely getting the last laugh! Great life and you are gorgeous!
    Lady balls! Loved it! I call'em ovaries lol! J/k

You rock! I'm a week behind you post VSG, though losing at much slower rate, but still happy it's done! I made a three state move from California to Texas to re-reunite with my long distance life-partner (life is definitely good in that department).

Workwise I got a part-time here in Austin, over a phone interview! actually, I'm under employed, I need to learn your brownie points! but right now dealing with nightmare home repairs so I'm glad I'm not working more. Actually this home repair feels like an unpaid full time job!

Really enjoyed reading you! I hope your dates treats as you deserve to be treated and that he or she worships the ground you float on!

Stay sassy! And let the other one have fun once in a while!

✨hugs✨
    You have us as friends