Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Theresa2

9 months

Rate this Entry
Down another 3 pounds this month. No inches lost. On Halloween I start working with a personal trainer. Let's see what the next two months bring. On the bright side I have gone from a size 24 to a size 16, and can now shop in stores I couldn't shop in before.

Submit "9 months" to Digg Submit "9 months" to del.icio.us Submit "9 months" to StumbleUpon Submit "9 months" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good job!!
    Shopping is one of the best part post-sleeve! You're doing great!
    You will love a personal trainer! I had one for a while but he was really expensive. I need to shop around for a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    You will love a personal trainer! I had one for a while but he was really expensive. I need to shop around for a new one.
    The deal with this one is she is working with 3 to 5 of us so the price is 30% of working with us individually. She keeps me honest and pushes me to do things I didn't think I could.
    I'm on week 5 of my 3x/week weight and strength training. It has been awesome! Yesterday I (almost) completed all the reps on my sheets for the 50 minute program, with the exception of the 25 second tip-toe planks (which I did do one and half times, it was supposed to be 3reps times 2) I did really good! One of my trainers comes and stands by me when I'm about to give up and says "come on Shirl! give me three more!" I just want to yell at her but I reach deep inside and I can do three more push ups. My program is also a group setting (there are about 8 of us) for 12 weeks. It was $200, besides the three workouts a week, it includes an once week lunch workshop with a nutritionist, and two DEXa body composition scans one pre program and one post program. The body scans alone are $60 bucks! I have bought a mid session DEXa scan just to see my progress. I'm losing weight slow on the scale that I need to check if I am at least building muscle. It's the second best investment after my sleeve surgery that I have made on myself!

Keep up the great work!
    Hi I am down 61 pounds. October 13th marks 9 months. I am 5'7 so another 20 pounds I might be too skinny. My doctor estimated a 70 to 75 pound weight loss. Should I be disappointed?? I eat pretty much what I want. I know I am on the down stretch so how what's the best way to loose last 10 pounds and keep it off? Sugar is one thing I still can eat in moderation. I have to watch this although so sweets don't taste like they use too.
    Quote Originally Posted by gailbee
    Hi I am down 61 pounds. October 13th marks 9 months. I am 5'7 so another 20 pounds I might be too skinny. My doctor estimated a 70 to 75 pound weight loss. Should I be disappointed?? I eat pretty much what I want. I know I am on the down stretch so how what's the best way to loose last 10 pounds and keep it off? Sugar is one thing I still can eat in moderation. I have to watch this although so sweets don't taste like they use too.
    Not sure. It depends on your starting weight. I am still trying to stay around 1200-1300 calories and 75 to 80 grams of protein. I won't know more until my 1 year check up.
    I did read somewhere that the a erase loss is 60% of your excess weight. For me that is around 85 to 90 pounds.
    I was told the typical sleeve patient loses 60 to 70% of their weight in the first year. That was not good enough for me, I lost 100%. I had about 75 pounds to lose, so I'm sure if you have more it would be different. I set my goal at a "normal" BMI.

But you're you, so you decide where you are comfortable with your weight. We're all different. Many in my support group are still classified as "overweight" and look great, and they are happy to stay there. Some here are so thin I worry about them, as I'm sure being severely underweight comes with similar problems as obesity. (Like death.) I'd like to lose about 10 more pounds as I'm at the higher end of normal. I'm down about 3 pounds toward that goal by cutting out sugar and any junk. I have never in three years counted calories, just liquid and protein.
    During my first consult my surgeon told me I should be able to lose 50 kgs (110 lbs) with the surgery.
    That was 50 kgs from that day. Since I lost a total of 88 lbs at my last post-op, he thinks I should reach the 50kgs at one year...I'm not so sure, it's 10 kgs in 4 months, and my weight loss has been really slow lately. I really don't care if I reach that goal at one year or 18 months, because anyway to be able to reach a weight "acceptable" in my book (be out of obesity and be out of the wood) I need to actually lose... 20 kgs /44 lbs....might take two years!
    We are all different, age, hormone issues or not, exercise, medication etc...so I don't think that what other people lose is important, it just give us an idea of what's possible....in the end what matters is to be happy and healthy and try our best to reach a weight that is safer for our health..