Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

Abdominoplasty: 2nd appointment/2nd surgeon

Rate this Entry
Today I met a second surgeon, in a private hospital were we go for consults in English (I had my sleeve in a public hospital where everything is mainly in Chinese). They had a window for a consult today, it was earlier than I thought but great to have a second opinion quickly.
The consult was quiet long, one hour. Long story short, because in Asia there's not many obese, the surgeon usually do abdominoplasties without lipo (???). And it's rare for him to repair the muscles. He actually said that my issue wouldn't be resolved with the surgery (if he does it) because when they repair they only do the central muscles, not those on the side. And for me the issue is mainly on the side. The central part is weak as well but it's not painful so far.
I think he was pretty straight forward because he actually advised me to go back to the public hospital and see one of his colleague because he might have more experience with obesity...but he was actually saying I should may be get the surgery in France because they probably have much more experience since there's more obesity...It's amazing how the same surgery has different techniques and results from one country to an other...to be continued..

Submit "Abdominoplasty: 2nd appointment/2nd surgeon" to Digg Submit "Abdominoplasty: 2nd appointment/2nd surgeon" to del.icio.us Submit "Abdominoplasty: 2nd appointment/2nd surgeon" to StumbleUpon Submit "Abdominoplasty: 2nd appointment/2nd surgeon" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Im glad he was honest with you
    Well, at least he was very honest and upfront. Good luck