Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

rushandtilley

Dr. Almanza questions

Rate this Entry
Really thinking about getting Dr. Almanza to do my surgery!! Few questions about it, is it a painful process? Does Mexico have a required BMI to do surgery? Also the only thing holding me back from going to Mexico is that I am scared since I would be having it done there that doctors back here in the United States would not treat me.. just for liable worries. Please let me know if you can answer any of these questions!!!

Submit "Dr. Almanza questions" to Digg Submit "Dr. Almanza questions" to del.icio.us Submit "Dr. Almanza questions" to StumbleUpon Submit "Dr. Almanza questions" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

What's your BMI ? Mine was 36, weighed 192 lbs, only 5'1"and was able to have the surgery in Mexico.Just call them and find out!
    i think you do have to meet a requirement
    My BMI was 36. When I went there was a lady, who in my eyes, was thin, and they did it for her....she could not have weighed more than 150-160! Don't be afraid to go to Mexico and have this done. There was 4 in my group, and we have all had a very good experience....except for a minor infection in one of the incisions....other than that, life is good! But you are correct about Drs. here not wanting to treat us because of liability issues. Dr. Almanza and his staff were amazing! Honestly, you feel gas pains, but they are tolerable. One in my group had it a little worse, but by next morning, she was good....it's only the first night. Other than gas pains...no pain at all...in fact I requested them not to give me pain meds two days after surgery....I didn't need them at all....Good luck to you....you will do great!!
    I had DR. Hernandez, and the group I was in, many did Almanza, no problems I was 5 feet 170,
    low bmi as well.
    Surgery was not bad at all gas pains are about all and getting out of bed the first couple of times that gas rolling around, but walk and it was not bad.
    I did not have any narcotics, they gave us toradol and it was good!!
    good luck and ps I would so do it again!
    I am 5' 10" 380 lbs. Bmi is 51 and I was accepted no problem. I also do not have any medical issues such as heart, cholesteral, diabetes. Othe rthan being obese, I'm healthy
    I dont think there is any requirement for surgery. Also my Dr here is thrilled with my success. My Dr has anonymously told other people about my success and has told some of his overweight patients about Mexico. Had a great experience with Dr A too.
    Quote Originally Posted by lorylynch
    I had DR. Hernandez, and the group I was in, many did Almanza, no problems I was 5 feet 170,
    low bmi as well.
    Surgery was not bad at all gas pains are about all and getting out of bed the first couple of times that gas rolling around, but walk and it was not bad.
    I did not have any narcotics, they gave us toradol and it was good!!
    good luck and ps I would so do it again!

Thank you! Makes me feel better!! Did you tell all your friends and people you were getting this done? When people ask you how you did it do you tell them about the surgery or no?