Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

RehabNurse

Officially reached the Century Club

Rate this Entry
On September 29th I stepped onto the scale and weighed in at 117.7 pounds. Because I weighed a little less than 218 pounds on the day I was sleeved 17+ months ago, I have officially lost 100 pounds since the surgery. Therefore, I have officially reached the 'Century Club.'

I was 225.5 pounds approximately one week prior to the surgery, but lost 7.5 pounds on the pre-op diet of protein shakes and salads.

I hope to lose a few more pounds in order to have a bounce range of about five pounds for the lifelong maintenance phase. Nonetheless, my daily mantra is "Never say never." This means that I, along with anyone who has had this surgery, will need to employ lifelong vigilance because no one thinks weight regain will happen while actively losing those pounds, yet the statistics tell a different story.

My journey was painfully slow, but worth it. Thanks for reading!

Submit "Officially reached the Century Club" to Digg Submit "Officially reached the Century Club" to del.icio.us Submit "Officially reached the Century Club" to StumbleUpon Submit "Officially reached the Century Club" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You look fabulous.
    You are beautiful! How tall are you? 117 sounds so TINY! Great work!
    Shut the front door!! Great job!!
    Congratulations on your achievement. Keep up the good work and positive mentality.
    Congrats. You've done a fabulous job. And thanks always, for all the help you give to others on here.
    Wow!! You look great!!
    Oh wow ! So petite and slim ! You look amazing - well done x
    ✨Congratulations!✨You done did it !!! ✨

Reading your posts about your WLS journey are specially important and encouraging to me, being a painfully slow loser myself. Thank you!

✨Stay the course!✨

Awesome RehabNurse. You've done a great job
    Thanks for the support, folks!
    How tall are you? 117 sounds so TINY! Great work!
    I am only 5'1 and a half. In fact, I could technically lose another 15 pounds without falling into the official 'underweight' BMI category. However, I think it is time for me to enter the maintenance phase in the coming months rather than drop to a body weight that is too low for my frame.
    Congratulations! You look great.
    You look amazing
    CONGRATULATIONS!

You look mahvelous!!!!!

Lovely photo! you look gorgeous! congrats!!
    Congratulations, you look fantastic!
    My friend! You are so smart, so pretty, so helpful to our community members. And now you've lost your excess weight, too! You're such a strong role model for all of us. What I admire you for so much is the accurate, helpful information you share regularly with those who have asked for help.

You're also one of the many folks here whom I wish I could know in real life. Would love to meet you one day. In the meantime, vaya con Dios!
    OMG! Congratulations! Please tell me how you did it. Iim also 5'1 I've been in a stall for a long time now. My goal is 120, I'm at 150, up and down from 145-150. I mostly lost the weight because I got really sick and couldn't eat anything for months even drinking water hurt so bad. After getting better, I can't control myself. I eat often and whatever. I have no energy whatsoever. I wish I could just get motivated and in control.
    Thanks.
    RehabNurse is a runner.

Quote Originally Posted by g~doll
    OMG! Congratulations! Please tell me how you did it. Iim also 5'1 I've been in a stall for a long time now. My goal is 120, I'm at 150, up and down from 145-150. I mostly lost the weight because I got really sick and couldn't eat anything for months even drinking water hurt so bad. After getting better, I can't control myself. I eat often and whatever. I have no energy whatsoever. I wish I could just get motivated and in control.
    Thanks.
    Lovely picture!! You look beautiful and happy

Thanks for posting!!!
    RehabNurse, I wanted to send you a pm, but that feature is disabled on your profile.

Long story short, today I went to see my old internist doctor because I caught something from grandkids.

I took my 6mo. lab results from a physical I had done Austin (October '16) just so he could have on hand.

I'm so glad I did!!!

I was told back then that everything look normal, except b12 too high.

My internist, Dr. Safvati, took a closer look at the labs today and said that my thyroid was low and asked if they had put me on meds? Of course they didn't and they never mentioned it to me.

I told him I general feel okay, just tired most of the time. I thought it was because I am a full time granny these days lol!

Anyway my blood pressure was 101/68 which really low for me. I have always felt like I go on hibernation modes for years lol!

He did all kids of blood tests and (an EKG which was normal) and I will know next week what the heck is going on with my thyroid.

Just wanted to share because I know you have hypothyroidism and wonder if you are taking medication? And what is the prognosis long term.

Thanks in advance for your time, and any information you can share is greatly appreciated!

Hugs!
    RehabNurse, you look amazing and I also want to thank you for always giving some sound advice and offering the benefit of your wisdom on this journey. You are beautiful and I wish you continued success! Stick around as you are a true inspiration!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    Just wanted to share because I know you have hypothyroidism and wonder if you are taking medication? And what is the prognosis long term.
    I have hypothyroidism and will be on thyroid replacement hormone medication for life.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzeygirl
    RehabNurse, you look amazing and I also want to thank you for always giving some sound advice and offering the benefit of your wisdom on this journey. You are beautiful and I wish you continued success! Stick around as you are a true inspiration!!
    Thank you for the compliments! Thank you for all that you contribute to these forums, too. Your accomplishments are also amazing.