Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Davis165

One year mark!

Rate this Entry
I'm waiting for Payitforward to correct me on this! It has been almost 12 wonderful months since I underwent a surgery that forever changed my life. I have as of this date 09/26/2016 lost 137 pounds, 12 of those are from the two week diet pre surgery. So 125 pounds in a year, give or take a few days to a week. I haven't reached onederland, as of yet, but I'm working VERY hard to get to and maintain my goal. Do I know what my goal is? Well, it says 165 on my ticket, but who knows what it'll actually be or where my body will want to settle.
I am a new woman. I think that I am really, or at the least the shackles have been removed allowing my true self to finally emerge. Reminds me of that commercial , "Emerge and C." Well, that's what I've been given an opportunity to do.
I'm so much more active, actually bought a bike and LOVE that thing!! I ride not less than four times a week. It's fabulously freeing! Got a Fitbit and found out that I am crazy competitive. The only thing that I need to work on is eating more consistently. I don't want to get to my goal eating 1200-1400 calories. I'm too active for that. I do not restrict what I eat. I eat carbs, just not crazy. We don't have tons of room for them anyway. But I will eat my fruit and the occasional sweet treat. I am trying to live again not live out a life of dieting. My goal and desire is to stay active. I have surrounded myself with those that are likeminded. It is so important.
I haven't experienced any hate, but my circle is pretty small, by choice. I hate drama.
I just recently came back from cedar point and didn't worry one bit about fitting on any ride!! That was such an awesome feeling!! I still would like to lose around 40-50 pounds before I have skin removal surgery. Yes, I do have hanging skin, but I'm the only one looking at it so it'll just have to wait for a bit. It doesn't get in the way of my living.

Congratulations to all who've just had the surgery and to all of the September sleevers coming up on your own anniversaries!! May we all continue to reach forward never looking back.

(I'll upload some before and (so far) after pictures. I've got to find some before pis.)

Submit "One year mark!" to Digg Submit "One year mark!" to del.icio.us Submit "One year mark!" to StumbleUpon Submit "One year mark!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

congrats on such a wonderful weight loss
    Outstanding job on the weight loss and positive attitude. It's a good feeling to find an exercise you really enjoy. That makes it so much more fun, and you don't dread doing it. With winter approaching soon, you may need something other than biking for your exercise. You may want to purchase a "trainer" so you can still ride your own bike indoors during the snowy, icy winter months.
    I love Cedar Point and can't wait to fit on rides again, next summer, next summer that is what I keep telling myself. Congrats on the excellent weight loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieLynn
    I love Cedar Point and can't wait to fit on rides again, next summer, next summer that is what I keep telling myself. Congrats on the excellent weight loss.
    Thank you!! It was a great time!! Next summer will be here before you realize!!��
    Quote Originally Posted by Merry Mary
    Outstanding job on the weight loss and positive attitude. It's a good feeling to find an exercise you really enjoy. That makes it so much more fun, and you don't dread doing it. With winter approaching soon, you may need something other than biking for your exercise. You may want to purchase a "trainer" so you can still ride your own bike indoors during the snowy, icy winter months.
    Yes, I've got one and an elliptical, a stepper free weights. The whole thing. I just like to get out doors while it's nice. I'm looking into doing snow shoeingbin the winter. I have someone that is interested and I plan on riding in the winter, also. There's gear for that, too!😊
    Quote Originally Posted by KariVSG
    congrats on such a wonderful weight loss

Thank you!!😊
    Way to go! Isn't it fun?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    Way to go! Isn't it fun?!?

It is indeed!!
    ✨Congratulations on your 1 year Surgiversary!!!✨

Keep up the good work!

I also have another 40-55 lbs to lose, and it looks like it will require more discipline on exercise and focus on life long health conscious habits. We can do this!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    ✨Congratulations on your 1 year Surgiversary!!!✨

Keep up the good work!

I also have another 40-55 lbs to lose, and it looks like it will require more discipline on exercise and focus on life long health conscious habits. We can do this!!!

Yes, it's been a wonderful experience one I wouldn't change for the world!! This winter I'm planning on doing some snow shoeing and cross country skiing. Got to keep the body guessing!😉
    Best to you, too!!
    Congratulations on your wonderful success! I am looking at a similar struggle (surgery is tentatively scheduled for 1/11/17, just 5.5 weeks from now)...

Have you already posted what your pre/postop diet was for the first few months, or what you did at each stage? Any information on your success to help me mirror it would be GREATLY appreciated.