Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

*Update* What Am I Doing Wrong??? I'm at wits' end!!!

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Shirl View Post

**Update**

After almost ten days of lowering my calories to as close to 1000 as I can get, and two weeks of have started a weight and strength training training, I thought surely I would have lost 1 pound!

If I had not measured, I would have PUNCHED a wall!

Freaking InBody scale informed me that I gained 2.5lbs (I thought about what Ann said earlier about muscle gains).

On the upside

I have been monitoring my ketones with daily urinalysis strips. This week it has been the first time I can actually tell it has turned a deeper pink hue closer to next darker maroon level. So meaning I'm burning up some fat stores.

I lost 1.3 inches over all from last Saturday's measurements. And .5" of that was off my waist!

I did gain .6" on my hips (hopefully my butt is lifting?) and .1" my thighs. I have noticed less cellulite and more muscle tone.

The body composition numbers

Skeletal Muscle Mass (SMM): + 2.8 lbs.
Body Fat Mass (BFM): - 3 lbs
Total Body Water: + 4.8 lbs. <--- I'm retaining more water this week 😡

So all I can do is keep trying, keep at it. I might take half a diuretic in the event I feel my feet swelling, but they actually feel ok for right now.

Stay same all y'all's!

Submit "*Update* What Am I Doing Wrong??? I'm at wits' end!!!" to Digg Submit "*Update* What Am I Doing Wrong??? I'm at wits' end!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "*Update* What Am I Doing Wrong??? I'm at wits' end!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "*Update* What Am I Doing Wrong??? I'm at wits' end!!!" to Google

Comments

seems to me like things have turned around for you....inches lost...water gain. Looks like you're building muscle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam G
    seems to me like things have turned around for you....inches lost...water gain. Looks like you're building muscle.
    Yep... I'm definitely one those individuals who build muscle faster than burn fat.

I don't know how accurate the InBody body composition scar is, but I'm sure glad to see the muscle gain, and fat loss numbers.

Did you read this article Ann posted on my thread?

http://www.beachbody.com/beachbodybl...rt-working-out
    Scales are torture devices!!! I actually don't measure, my doc do (well, his nurses) and that's why I only use the scale once or twice a week, because if not it does drive me crazy!
    Don't worry and wait for your body to be in a "routine" then your real weight will show up! You will be amazed I'm sure! Plus more muscle is really good for the BMR, you will burn more calories! Take care!