Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

4-Month Post Op Dietary Tweaks

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Mbenson5 View Post

Lol, ladies! I am no expert on this low carb thing, just learned what has worked for me in the past. If I ate 100 carbs a day, I would never lose weight but would gain. I still watch it, but will give in and have a cookie, brownie or whatever on some days. Having lasagna tonight. I just don't have a ton of it. Like 2 cookies rather than 10. The sleeve PLUS developing better habits is key to this!

On my days I stay strict low carb, my day might look something like this:

BR-coffee with sugar-free creamer, bacon and scrambled eggs with heavy whipping cream. I sometimes add cheese-lots of it! lol

LU- leftover meat of any kind, a few stir-fried vegetables. This helps when I actually cook and have leftovers!

DI- Some type of meat and stir-fried veggies with cheese

Evening- later when I am watching tv or whatever, I will save my carbs for a Breyers Carb-smart bar ot Danin light and Fit Greek yogurt with cut up strawberries.

Snacks - I generally stick with nuts, cheese, or berries. I have pretty much given up snacking, because I found myself raeching for them even if I am not hungry. That is honestly pretty much it. I do this for about 2 wweks, and then take a 3-4 day break. One time, I dropped 10 lbs in that time-I literally felt my clothes getting bigger at one point. That was all the motivation I needed to keep going. lol.

This is only what works for me, so no promises.

Hugs to you!
Melissa, between you and veteran sleevers (to me) like RehabNurse, Kindle, Ann, Sandra and the forum member whose NUT said if she wanted to lose 2lbs a week she had to keep her daily calories at 1000, and she had to burn 500 calories a day, as well as all my newbie sleevers and everyone else, I feel much more confident and supported, and I don't feel so alone in this journey.

Last week I started to return closer to the 1000 caloric budget, and concentrating more on nutrients from solid food aiming for 100%, but because of time and convenience my first morning meals have been my own homemade protein shakes, this morning I made from 1/4 cup homemade müesli (oats, flax, chia and quinoa - I forgot to soak in water overnight, but I pulverized before adding other ingredients which was 2 cups water, cake batter MuscleEgg egg-white protein, 12 oz. home brewed black coffee, and one serving of Tera's Whey. It made two servings and I will have second serving tomorrow on my way to work. That was about 7:30am and I seriously did not have anything to eat until 12:30 pm.

For lunch I had left over homemade Egg-White Migas which I made yesterday with one whole egg, 2 egg-whites, 1oz. Ham and 1 cup of a leftover zucchini fajitas I had from last week.

I had 1 kiwi, a few pieces of mango and 1 cup serving of my MuscleEgg protein on my way to my weight and strength training class. I was hoping to blend it but not enough time.

For dinner I'm planning to eat chicken vindaloo which I prepared and measured into seven containers yesterday, along with 1 cup of a Mix Vegetable Stir Fry I also prepared yesterday.

For snack I may do a cheese stick or 2 tablespoons of raw mix nuts to meet my 1000 calorie range, it may go just a bit by 50 calories.

These are my macros at 1059 calories:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8592.PNG 
Views:	78 
Size:	871.9 KB 
ID:	26177

For now, I'm staying off the scale and will hope on Saturday, goal is to lose 1.25-1.50 pounds this week. I burned over 500 calories in my training class, but that's only 3x a week. Other days will be closer to 200 calories as I'm only planning to walk or to a 30 minute Zumba like video.

Crossing fingers, if no loss this week I know I just have to keep at it until my body starts releasing that fat! I will try to up my carbs in two weeks for a couple of days to see how that works for me.

Let's do this!!!

Submit "4-Month Post Op Dietary Tweaks" to Digg Submit "4-Month Post Op Dietary Tweaks" to del.icio.us Submit "4-Month Post Op Dietary Tweaks" to StumbleUpon Submit "4-Month Post Op Dietary Tweaks" to Google

Comments

I still don't eat fruit or grains or even many veggies. Well, yesterday I had 3 strawberries, but that was a rare treat.
    Oh wow! As soon i was able to tolerate fresh fruit I started incorporating one serving a day. It was in my NUT post op instructions. Actually it was a dole mix fruit cup, I was like F that I'm having the real thing lol! I mostly have berries, once a week sometimes two half frozen banana, and mostly in my protein shakes. Over the summer I'd cut up a fresh peache or mango real good and add to cottage cheese or plain nonfat yogurt.

I remember one elementary teacher scaring us about the scurvy, if we didn't eat our oranges.
    It's just that fruit has so much sugar. Might as well eat a snickers and a vitamin! Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam G
    It's just that fruit has so much sugar. Might as well eat a snickers and a vitamin! Lol
    dang! I didn't know we can edit other's comments.

I replied. Go right ahead! LOL! But it showed as if you had said it. weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    dang! I didn't know we can edit other's comments.

I replied. Go right ahead! LOL! But it showed as if you had said it. weird.
    This site behaves weird sometimes. I just bought 2 apples and red grapes. Gonna try adding fruit now. I lost 60 lbs on WW and I believe that veggies and fruit, nuts, seeds and beans are really the healthy way to go. A little nervous about adding back the sugar but we'll see how it goes.
    You're very sweet Shirl! I'm only 8 months out so I don't really feel like a veteran sleever, but being sick with several different issues since I was really young, I've been eating "healthy/organic" for most of my life and always really interested in nutrition, homeopathy, phyto etc...took a few nutrition classes at Uni and last time I moved I gave away more than 100 books to Goodwill ...all about those subjects. My nut here told me several times I know more than she does, but being 20 years older than her is the only reason why! Anyway, I'm glad if I can help! experience and knowledge are great to share, we can all learn from each other!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam G
    veggies and fruit, nuts, seeds and beans are really the healthy way to go. A little nervous about adding back the sugar but we'll see how it goes.
    I did eat fruit since month one. Not much but a slice of apple here, mango there....I do think like you that balance is important, especially because we can't eat low carb all the time. I usually do three days low carbs, two higher carbs etc...It's better to avoid frustration! I do eat nuts since month one too, as soon as the surgeon cleared me to have nuts, I was having 1/4 cup of almonds! the sleeve is great to help with the restriction so I don't feel like having an other serving because I'm not hungry. Since month 6 I have less restriction, could eat only 1/2 cup before, now I can eat a full cup...but I try to stay a little under. Unless I'm eating veggies.