Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Bencredo

Beginnings (Part Deux)

Rate this Entry
Alright...so....tomorrow begins my preop diet. As I understand it, I need to have a protein shake in the morning, broth for Lunch, and then a simple protein for Dinner. Well, this is going to be unusual, but I better get used to it. As I understand it, this will be my fare after the surgery for at least a couple of weeks (minus the simple protein at night) until my stomach heals.

I am nervous. Not so much about the procedure, but that I will do something wrong after the surgery and mess everything up. And I am also nervous about where I am going. I have done my homework and I have chosen the place that I am going to have the surgery. However, I have seen a lot of things on the internet lately about the establishment where I am going to have the surgery. Being that I work in the service industry, I know that there are people who are just not going to be happy and will give a bad review just because they are upset, but this is different. I am entrusting these people with my life and I cannot afford to get this wrong.

So far, Weightloss Agents have been great. If someone tells you that they never heard from them, then they are LYING to you. Over-communication is a definite practice with them, but for me, it was just what I needed. I am a VERY busy person. I have a 40-hour-a-week job and I am a pastor. Plus, I am a dad to a wonderful son and daughter. Plus, I have a girlfriend, who is amazing and her son who is just like one of my own.

Yeah, there is a lot going on. So, in the middle of doing...LIFE...and everything else that needs to be done, I needed the reminders to get my payment in, to get my forms filled out and to get my diet going. They have been great about communicating with me concerning every step of the way.

I weighed in at the beginning of the week and I am currently at 372 lbs. Where we go from here is still up in the air, but I am holding on to my faith that all will be well in the days to come.

Nervous...yes. But I believe it's okay to be nervous. It keeps you sharp and focused...and even, overly cautious. Seeing as how this is one of the greatest decisions in my life concerning my health, I would think that being a little nervous is even to be expected.

Submit "Beginnings (Part Deux)" to Digg Submit "Beginnings (Part Deux)" to del.icio.us Submit "Beginnings (Part Deux)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Beginnings (Part Deux)" to Google

Comments

Prayers for a safe procedure.
    Hi there.

It's VERY common to be nervous. This is a huge decision that will affect the rest of your life. But hopefully you'll realize it's one of the best decisions you'll ever make.

Good luck on you preop.

And if your center is anything like mine, the support and reminders will continue on way past my our surgery date.
    Not to worry so much about messing up after pre op. Your body will let you know for sure and if you are concerned about it you are more likely to be more cautious of the things you eat. For the first 2 days after surgery I was afraid to eat anything because I hate to vomit and I was scared that anything in my stomach would make me sick. So, I just sipped on water. When I got home I barely ate anything because my stomach would not let me. I used to be able to eat Jello and now I hate it. I drank a lot of hot tea because the hot made me sip instead of gulp which helped. I still eat a lot of sugar free popsicles.

Good luck on your procedure!
    they usually give you handouts and such and you just focus on resting, walking, sipping and recouping that first week.

You will help yourself greatly if you spend some pre op time making a "schedule" for those first two week of vitamins, meds, liquids and being stocked up with choices so if one thing doesn't work..you have other options.

Examples: diff broths, bone broth, pedialyte, powerade zero, drink mix ins, clear fruit juices, protein drinks, tea.....

Good Luck on preop...Ididn't have this except for one day..no idea how people get through it with a whole belly. Post op, it's "easy" as it doesn't take much to fill you and you're obsessed with sipping all day and not getting dehydrated.
    ps we have all been you...nervous, maybe even second guessing....I am 3.5 mo out and wish I'd done this sooner. YOu got this!
    You're going to lose a lot of weight! I went through weightloss agents and had my surgery by Dr Almanza. I have zero complaints and would do it again in a heartbeat. I wish I would have done it sooner in life. I have lost roughly 170 pounds in the last 14 months. I started at 380. Two week pre op diet sucked. i cheated a little. Had some turkey deli meat with my broth at lunchtime and then some lean protien for dinner. I dont diet, I try to eat sensible, I dont count calories, but once in a while I tally them up in my head. I just dont ever over eat. I follow a guy on here named Tinman, find his blogs and post and read them when you get a chance. Good luck on your journey.