Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

miamiblake33

28 days post op

Rate this Entry
The good news is I have lost 37 lbs! People are starting to notice. My clothes are starting to hang on my smaller frame, yet I refuse to buy any new ones. Not yet anyway. I'm feeling like I have a little bit more energy. I found a protein shake called premier protein that has 30 grams of protein in one shake. That has helped me to reach my protein goal of 60 grams a day.

All of my incisions are healed except the pesky lower left one that just doesn't want to close up. It has made progress, but I still close it every day with butterfly bandages.

I can drink more in one sip without pain. Still very limited on what I can eat without having to lay down afterwards. I ate some seafood salad (no greens) just the seafood and some mayo and my internal organs started playing billiards. It was terrible! Soup is very reliable. I got down an entire can of Progresso French onion soup, minus most of the onions. What a victory! However, plain ol' water sometimes gives me heartburn. It is going to be trial and error with my new stomach. I'm coming to terms with that.

For the first time I wanted to just sit down and stuff my face the other night. I didn't feel hungry or anything. I just wanted to eat a large quantity of food. My graduate classes have resumed and I'm guessing my dear friend stress had something to do with that. Old habits die hard.

It was a better week. Back pain is better. I still haven't gotten my monthly. It is overdue now. I'm sure it is because of all that is occurring with my bod. I wonder if it will ever forgive me for all that I have done to it? All the diets. All the loss and all the gains. Being my body has been difficult at best. Im hoping at almost 40 years old, this bod will get a much needed break.

Lots of love to you all! Keep up the good fight.

Submit "28 days post op" to Digg Submit "28 days post op" to del.icio.us Submit "28 days post op" to StumbleUpon Submit "28 days post op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congrats on the 37 pounds. I am at 21 days and have lost 23 pounds since I came home from surgery. I have stalled this week but not sure if it is due to my monthly or what. I also use the Premier Protein Shakes and the taste better than the others in my opinion. I am hungry all the time or I think I am. Good thing my body doesn't let me eat much.
    congrats
    I get those horrible desires for lots of food, too. And of course, cravings for bad stuff, too. I wonder if that will ever go away. Somehow I doubt it.
    Sounds like you're doing great ��
    Congrats!!! Keep up the good work!
    CONGRATS YOUR DOING GREAT.