Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Connie4

Heartburn

Rate this Entry
I am 9 days post op.
Starting to get heartburn.
Last night a Premier Protein Shake, waited 30 mins, went to bed
woke 7 hrs later and I could still feel like I just drank it could almost taste it
If I do burp it feels instantly okay

Very strange if I keep my shoulders back real stand up real tall, it seems to lessen.

Any Advice?

Submit "Heartburn" to Digg Submit "Heartburn" to del.icio.us Submit "Heartburn" to StumbleUpon Submit "Heartburn" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

prop yourself up on a bunch of pillow so you're at about a 45 degree angle. and never lie flat after eating/drinking for at least a couple of hours.
    Did they give you anything to take the first couple months? My Dr. doubled my nexium for two months.
    I had GasX but did not need it after a week home. Totally normal, walking ehlps, gotta get the gas out. This will pass but talk to you doc or primary if you went to MX, they can give you something.
    Keep propped up thats the best advice i could give
    Thanks everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGavu
    Did they give you anything to take the first couple months? My Dr. doubled my nexium for two months.
    I too take a double Nexium in a 40 mg generic from my Dr. I Skipped two days last week and the acid started burning. Ask you Dr or get some from your local wWalgreens.
    I bought an incline foam mattress to keep me at angle all the time while I slept or layed down. Best investment ever! I'm about to purchase another for our king size bed. I keep falling off pillows and find myself laying flat on my tummy. It has not been a problem, but I really enjoyed sleeping on an incline without all the bulky pillows.
    my doc gave me omeproxole (prolisec) 2 each day for a month. But if its bad maybe you can take over the counter mylanta, it seems to help.
    How are you feeling?