Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Getting prepared for my surgery

5 Days past Surgery

Rate this Entry
So if you can see the time on this you know I am not sleeping today. I am on day 5 of my post op and I am feeling the pain today. I have been doing really good so I think I might have over done it yesterday. I have been kind of relaxing and doing light housework but yesterday I had to show my son how to get to school using the city bus and then I ran a few other errands just to keep my mind off of food. This morning...my incision is not feeling so nice. I am still doing my best to follow the diet and I have only 3 more days of clear liquids (Thank the good Lord). I never thought a protein shake would ever sound so good.

Submit "5 Days past Surgery" to Digg Submit "5 Days past Surgery" to del.icio.us Submit "5 Days past Surgery" to StumbleUpon Submit "5 Days past Surgery" to Google

Tags: post op Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You sound like you're superwoman, I thought me staying in Mexico for 5 days was kinda a waste of time.. but perhaps it allowed me to heal my.
    Anes is tough on the body
    Chill some
    I am awake at a not normal time too 6 days out.
    Figure it is jet lag, I went to bed 7 pm last night too
    For the first 2 weeks I didn't sleep well at all. I averaged about 4 hours a night. But I was also napping for about 30 min during the day. Be kind to yourself. You've just had major surgery. Even though you may feel exceptionally well you need that rest to heal. Don't push yourself to hard, I'm one to talk cause I did it to. Lol. After 2 weeks things went back to normal for me as far as sleeping goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie4
    You sound like you're superwoman, I thought me staying in Mexico for 5 days was kinda a waste of time.. but perhaps it allowed me to heal my.
    Anes is tough on the body
    Chill some
    I am awake at a not normal time too 6 days out.
    Figure it is jet lag, I went to bed 7 pm last night too
    Thanks for the compliment, but I am definitely not superwoman. I don't usually sleep in past 5am anyway because my job has me at work at 6 am. I even went by there to get some intermittent hours in just to stay busy. I guess that good for me, they couldn't do it because of my FMLA, so I will be trying to relax a little but I know me, I will be cleaning and working all week. I just have to know when to stop.

I am so glad they didn't keep me for 5 days in Mexico. I would have gone crazy in that hospital. And the food was horrible. I didn't eat at all after the surgery for almost 2 full days. I wasn't too worried about it though cause they kept me on fluids until it was time to leave. I only live about 45 minutes from Juarez so I didn't have to fly. I drove myself home. I am working on slowly introducing new liquids to my diet to see how my body reacts so that I can smoothly transition into the 2nd phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna Rudewick
    For the first 2 weeks I didn't sleep well at all. I averaged about 4 hours a night. But I was also napping for about 30 min during the day. Be kind to yourself. You've just had major surgery. Even though you may feel exceptionally well you need that rest to heal. Don't push yourself to hard, I'm one to talk cause I did it to. Lol. After 2 weeks things went back to normal for me as far as sleeping goes.
    Thanks Donna! May I ask about the pain from the incisions? I have one that HURTS. I am kind of a baby that way but yesterday I didn't hardly feel it at all and today it is hurting. I went to the store and got some liquid Tylenol that my doctor recommended for pain. This is the first day it has felt that way. Otherwise, I have been sleeping okay since I have been home. I didn't really rest in the hospital.

I have a friend here that had the surgery a while back and she caught me at work yesterday and told me to go home and that I should have took more time off. I am ready to get back to life, but I know I must be patient. I will try not to push myself. I would say a nap today but it is out of the question. Maybe tomorrow.
    I'm a baby when it comes to pain as well. I never had any pain at my incision sites. As long as it's not red and angry looking I wouldn't worry much. But if it continues for more than a couple of days I would get it checked out. Could be nothing but better safe than sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna Rudewick
    I'm a baby when it comes to pain as well. I never had any pain at my incision sites. As long as it's not red and angry looking I wouldn't worry much. But if it continues for more than a couple of days I would get it checked out. Could be nothing but better safe than sorry.

Thanks, I think I am going to make an appointment with my doctor for next week. The sites look like they are healing well, it just seems like my entire left side is aching. Mostly because I have to sit or lay a certain way now my back is hurting and I can't stretch it out. I am sure once the incisions are healed I will be fine, I just want to do more than I can and it is frustrating.