Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Connie4

No pain after my surgery.. Bizarre

Rate this Entry
Had my sleeve done my DR. Kuri in Tijuana 6 days ago on Aug 17 spent 4 days in hospital and 2 in hotel.
After reading all the posts on this site and U tubes I expected the worse.

I did have to get stuck twice because they couldn't get the vein.. my worse experience

After I woke up in the recovery room, I had no pain. I was rolled to my room and that day I did not get up from the bed..was not asked to walk and I slept most of the day. I was amazed .. Kept waiting for the pain and gas to come. No food or drink allowed.. ice chips only.. no nausea

I had a foley and a drain.

The entire time I was in the hospital .. I got 8 IV bags of fluids Total

2nd day they said I need to walk now.. still not any significant pain.. felt weak but I think that was due to the surg. Jello and apple juice. Took shower they changed the bandage where my drain was.

jello and apple juice
On 3rd day and they encourage me to walk again. Still no pain, except when I pulled on my drain by accident. They removed the Foley.
They did give me a IV MED to stop the swelling that was occurring guessing probably due to all the IV bags they gave me.
I was plenty hydrated.
Took another shower.
Felt like I shouldn't be in the hospital nothing was hurting.
Great nurses

4th day same jello and juice changed my dressings and was driven to the hotel..nice one.
Sleepy slept more, went down stairs to the restaurant 4 times and had jello, tea and juice.
Dr.Kuri came into my hotel room Sunday and personally removed the drain, told me this is just a tool and I have to work with it.

The 5th day Carlos my driver took me to the airport, along with 2 ladies who just had their lap bands done the day before.

The only issue I had was I felt hungry.
Do I just have a high pain tolerance?
Went through a grieving process, on the plane home everyone was eating.
Still felt hungry.. was mad I was hungry..

Woke up this morning and the hunger pains are gone. Wonder if that was from the gas?
I don't feel mad anymore. Glad
Now the journey begins.

I stayed longer than most people but my experience was not a painful one at all.
I left with a script for Tramadol . I have taken none.

Did anyone else experience this pain free surgery?
almost feel like he lied to me he did it.. but I have the incisions to prove it

Submit "No pain after my surgery.. Bizarre" to Digg Submit "No pain after my surgery.. Bizarre" to del.icio.us Submit "No pain after my surgery.. Bizarre" to StumbleUpon Submit "No pain after my surgery.. Bizarre" to Google

Tags: no pain Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

What is a foley?
    I had no pain from surgery but did have gas pains really bad. Count yourself lucky on missing that. As far as hunger goes, I never had any hunger. That is until recently. I'm a month and 2 days post op and I've just started feeling hunger. Nothing bad just the "I could eat" feeling.
    Cath to empty bladder

that is great!!
    I had no pain whatsoever, I was cleared for the exercise one week post op. Do take it easy though. I DID have hunger come back with a vengeance about three days post op. It was so bad to the point that I was crying and praying. Luckily I found out that it may have been the lack of fiber in my protein drinks. I started using Raw Fit for Weightloss (vegan protein) and Tera's Whey Appetite Control, both have a good amount of fiber for satiety. It worked for me. I have not experienced hunger pangs like those first days since.

I am pretty much aware of the difference between head hunger (cravings and such) and true hunger. At first signs of hunger I look at the clock to see when it was the last time I ate, if it has been more than 2 hours it is probably true hunger for me, since I can only eat about 3/4. cups worth of food in each sitting. If I feel hungry before two hours I drink water or unsweetened tea. If I crave salty foods or I just want something in my mouth to crunch I know it's head hunger, I have to find a distraction- like right now, I am home unpacking gagalaging procrastinating etc. and thought I was hungry. I'm not. I'm on this site looking for a distraction and learning and trying to be of service (I hope) heehee!

Ps... Just know you are not alone! We each have our individual battles, but we are in this war together!

Best wishes!
    Updated 08-22-2016 at 03:48 PM by Shirl (PS...)
    Hey Shirl where do you get the Tera's whey from? Interested in trying that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna Rudewick
    Hey Shirl where do you get the Tera's whey from? Interested in trying that out.
    Whole Foods when it's on sale, or directly from them, but through Amazon mostly.
    Yo. You can make nice change on the streets with that tramadol! Lol. Jk

I had no pain. Some soreness, but nothing I'd call pain.

Why were you in the hospital for so long? Also, a foley isn't standard practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam G
    Yo. You can make nice change on the streets with that tramadol! Lol. Jk

I had no pain. Some soreness, but nothing I'd call pain.

Why were you in the hospital for so long? Also, a foley isn't standard practice.

Pam not sure guess it was their standard procedure. I did not question it.
    I had the time.. I think it was almost too long, but what did I know.
    Guess I got the Foley ( a urine collector bag.. so I don't have to get up and go to the bathroom) because the first day I did not even leave my bed.
    Glad they did.

Funny my son said the same thing about the tramadol.. har

Just glad to hear I am not alone in the no real pain department. Relief.
    The hunger has left, strange not make meals to eat.. saving $.

Thanks for everyone's input.. really helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie4
    Pam not sure guess it was their standard procedure. I did not question it.
    I had the time.. I think it was almost too long, but what did I know.
    Guess I got the Foley ( a urine collector bag.. so I don't have to get up and go to the bathroom) because the first day I did not even leave my bed.
    Glad they did.

Funny my son said the same thing about the tramadol.. har

Just glad to hear I am not alone in the no real pain department. Relief.
    The hunger has left, strange not make meals to eat.. saving $.

Thanks for everyone's input.. really helped.

We're really cheap dates for the first 6 months or so....just eating off someone else's plate, or having enough left over for 4 more meals!
    Glad to hear all went well for u... I certainly wouldn't complain about no pain... I hope I am lucky enuff to feel no pain!!!!... That should/can only make everything easier... I am scheduled for October... excited, scared, anxious and nervous, but definitely not looking forward to any pain... Did I mention I'd be absolutely fine with NO PAIN!!!!! LOL ... best of luck to u ...
    Great news!