Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Laurynsmum

Little Update

Rate this Entry
I have a little update, I ended up going to the er Friday night (August 12th, 2016) as I was in a lot of pain from not having a bm since surgery, I had a pretty big plug there, Dr. Davis from Fredericton was on call so he gave me a fleet to take home, so I came home and did it and nothing it didn't do a damn thing for me so I was up all night in pain and trying to get things moving along.

I ended up having to go back to the er Saturday am and I was there the entire day and night over 12 hours, they did 6 enemas on me and nothing! they did suppository and nothing so the last option before surgery was sigmoidoscopy on me which they did and it worked thankfully. Dr. Bell put me on lactulose and Keflex as I also have an infection in my belly button. it was the worst pain I have ever been in in my entire life!!!

I was so sick to my stomach, a sip of water would make me throw up! I FINALLY had a bm today. I called Monique (my surgeons nurse) this am and left a message for her to call me so I can update her on everything.

Things should be on the right track now. I am sore but I am managing it!

Submit "Little Update" to Digg Submit "Little Update" to del.icio.us Submit "Little Update" to StumbleUpon Submit "Little Update" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yikes!!! that sounds awful what you went through. I am 2 months post op and go about a week without a BM. I always say I cant rememeber the last time. I got some Miralax so I hope that helps me. i dont want to go through the pain you experienced. Hope you are feeling better and hope you continue to be regular!
    Hi I have had problems on and off for about the last 7 months. I tried everything. I was having to get laxatives to even go. A friend of mine suggested drinking prune juice, which I cannot stand. So I went to the store and bought pitted prunes. I eat about 5 or six before I go to bed and I have been going every morning. I am scheduled for a colonoscopy on the 23rd, because my doctor said after three months I should have been going. I guess this is the new normal?
    Good night!! That is terrible! I hope that never happens again for you...
    I didn't poop for about a week post op, but I didn't have any pain. I took magnesium citrate the night before surgery which cleared everything out, then of course there was not much eating going on right afterwards, so there wasn't anything in there!

I still don't go every day. Maybe every 3-4 days now. What goes in, must come out, and there's not much going in.
    Poor thing! two weeks with no BM that's a really long time! I hope you will feel better now!! for me it has been 20 years of IBS, mostly running to the bathroom after eating too much fiber...and since the surgery things got better on that side. So I'm lucky I usually don't have to deal with constipation, and the sleeve did calm down my IBS symptoms a lot, however I did get constipated for a few days during those past months (when taking high doses of iron and/or a medication after a virus) and used pitted prunes, Sena tea or just took my Omega vitamins and I was fine. I don't think you could take omega's that early (I couldn't stand it for more than two months) but the Sena tea should be fine and safe. Take care and feel better!
    I didn't go for a week after surgery myself. Took milk of magnesia and Doctor put me on a daily stool softener and haven't had a problem since
    Thank you everyone, I am feeling better now! hoping that was a one time thing!
    That is awful glad it finally happened for you
    Smooth Move herbal tea has senna in it and will help keep ya regular, plus, it'll count towards your daily total fluid intake!