Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

manzerick

Bumps in the road. The only thing that really matters is how you respond to them!

Rate this Entry
I need to tell you, I found this out all too late. I now TRY to understand that bumps in the road happen, and how we respond to said bumps will tell more to our prospect for success than anything else. This is a mindset of positive building against all odds, and it seems to be the only way to "raise up".

Sure, we can all work out 3-4 times a week when the times are normal, and good. What if you break a leg? What if you throw out your back? To quote a very notable and wise American, Mike Tyson “Everyone has a plan until they are punched in the mouth”. He may not be very “smart” in the traditional sense, but we can all learn a lot of Mike. We all have these set backs and it's how we choose to respond that dictates the path we follow. Maybe your favorite salmon is no longer available crushing your diet plans for the week. Anything that can derail us, is the "bump".

'We" plan, "they" bump....

We all plan, we all set these little worlds up around the hope of Sleeve surgery, and what the post life will be. For some of us, it is a good match and success happens. For others, it doesn’t. People..places.. and things get in the way. Some point at the surgeon and say “Gawd dang it!! My sleeve was to big!!”, I see it as a deeper problem. Your sleeve may be “too big” by sleeve standards but, but “normal stomach” standard, you are not even close to holding that much food stuff. Take the good, and work to eliminate the bad. It’s a cognitive effort to always look ahead to the big picture, the big prize.

Sustainability against all odds. That is the prize.

To “get there” and give it back is not the journey I want. If it is what is meant for me, I will take it one day at a time. As I type, I am still on the right side of the battle, and by whatever means, need to try to stay. I say this for me, and also for you. If you are at your goal weight, yet still scared this life is going to “slip away”, you are not alone. We all feel it.

It’s how we react to adversity conditions that will always drive the outcome. Always.

I don’t seem to stop in as much as I use to but, I still think of the support the forum has given me, and want to try to give back when I can. THIS IS WHERE DREAMS ARE MADE!

Keep perspective, and keep on trucking!

One Love

Submit "Bumps in the road.  The only thing that really matters is how you respond to them!" to Digg Submit "Bumps in the road.  The only thing that really matters is how you respond to them!" to del.icio.us Submit "Bumps in the road.  The only thing that really matters is how you respond to them!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Bumps in the road.  The only thing that really matters is how you respond to them!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Fantastic perspective! So good to know you are doing well!!
    This is an amazing piece of advice!
    Awesome advice, thanks for sharing!
    Thank you for your advice
    Very wise and inspirational
    I am going to create a folder with all the wonderful advice you and other have given
    Manzerick it you can write!
    Thank you !
    Amen!