Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

karen 5

NSV tinman talked about

Rate this Entry
TinMAN wrote he could feel when food he ate "plopped" in his stomach and I finally felt it yesterday after I ate a hotdog on bun---1st one in years--- and it "plopped" into my stomach and I felt instantly FULL. Amazing. I am 15 months post sleeve on 4/3/15 and have been only eating 1 cup of food at a time measuring to prevent over filling. Now I have a "plop". . . .lol

Submit "NSV tinman talked about" to Digg Submit "NSV tinman talked about" to del.icio.us Submit "NSV tinman talked about" to StumbleUpon Submit "NSV tinman talked about" to Google

Tags: tinman Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

i didnt think after surgery that we were allowed to have bread. Heck every post is different. one says yes one says no, confuses the heck out of me and i havent even had surgery yet
    Kari, after awhile, you can eat anything you darn well please. Problem being SHOULD you eat it? If you are watching your carbs, no way. If you are taking a break or in maintenance, by all means. You just have to keep track of it and, what??? Never, ever, ever, ever, ever overeat! Cheers to the Tinman!! haha
    Oh boy...something else to look forward to!

Kari...follow ur centers healing food phases...then u need to figure out and choose ur post op life nutrition u can sustain. An occasional hot dog bun is fine. Complex carb bread is part of a lot of sleevers luvea. As long as u have capacity and get ur protein, fruit and veg...u can add more complex carbs. Just be mindful if any carbs are triggers for u to graze or over eat.
    Agree every dr seems to have different protocol, one lady overseas said was eating custard day 2
    My surgical team did tell me several times to eat more carbs than I do. I know my body doesn't agree. If I eat more cabs, I'm not able to eat enough proteins, plus the more carbs, the hungrier! So I just try to have very low carb days, and little carb days, seems my body agrees with that. What I don't like is realizing that when I eat carbs, I could actually eat way more than I should, which is why I'm always very careful and never eat "only carbs", usually have a little only after protein and veggies...so I never overeat...
    I felt the "plop" right after surgery...could feel the water or broth hitting my tummy.

But haven't really felt it since.

As for carbs....my old, slow body just won't take them anymore. Simple carbs, that is....bread, white rice, pasta, white taters are in the "do not eat ever" category! Complex carbs are ok, though.
    I eat bread but I didn't for quite awhile just due to the carbs involved. It was probably a good 6 months before I tried it. I still remember going to Arbys once and thinking ok a ham and cheese sandwich sounds good so I got one. UGH Never again ... mark that off my list. There is something about whatever they put into their bread - the seeds or something that it came right back up. 3.5 years later and I haven't ever been back. A friend of mine who had hers done a year ago met me for a business lunch at probably her 6 month mark and she had an english muffin with no problem. I eat english muffins in very limited quantities and I rarely keep bread in the house - too tempting to grab some and make toast.
    Quote Originally Posted by KariVSG
    i didnt think after surgery that we were allowed to have bread. Heck every post is different. one says yes one says no, confuses the heck out of me and i havent even had surgery yet
    Thank you all for your advice, i will just wing it and if i feel the urge to try it I will, I can only learn from my mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by azladyrider
    I eat bread but I didn't for quite awhile just due to the carbs involved. It was probably a good 6 months before I tried it. I still remember going to Arbys once and thinking ok a ham and cheese sandwich sounds good so I got one. UGH Never again ... mark that off my list. There is something about whatever they put into their bread - the seeds or something that it came right back up. 3.5 years later and I haven't ever been back. A friend of mine who had hers done a year ago met me for a business lunch at probably her 6 month mark and she had an english muffin with no problem. I eat english muffins in very limited quantities and I rarely keep bread in the house - too tempting to grab some and make toast.
    Thank you all for the information.