Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JennK

Hernia Surgery after the Sleeve

Rate this Entry
Well I am about 3 and a half months post Sleeve surgery and have developed an umbilical (incisional) hernia. Need to have hernia repair surgery scheduled for Aug. 5th. They say it is pretty common after sleeve, and even more common since I am a woman who has given birth because the muscle is weakened. They also say this is a painful surgery to recover from and will need 2 weeks off even though my job is sedentary

I am hoping to get over this pretty quickly and get back to enjoying my weight loss journey.

Submit "Hernia Surgery after the Sleeve" to Digg Submit "Hernia Surgery after the Sleeve" to del.icio.us Submit "Hernia Surgery after the Sleeve" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hernia Surgery after the Sleeve" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi, I ended up with a hiatal hernia about a year or so later. It was causing a lot of reflux. My surgery was not painful at all, much like the sleeve. I am not sure about the incisional type though. If you have a desk job, I wouldn't think it would be a big deal, but as always, just follow your dr's recommendations.
    wow i think that they should have caught it while they did surgery
    It was caused by the surgery and didn't develop till 3 months after. KariVSG.

Its ok, I am hoping its an easy recovery, and am actually looking forward to 2 weeks off work.
    The surgeon that removed my gallbladder created an incisional hernia just above my belly button. The hernia appeared immediately postop. I already spent $6000 (my max OOP) to have my gallbladder removed, and can't afford another $6000 To have it repaired so I'm just gonna live with it for now. I've been pushing it back in several times/day for the last 8 months (i can actually stick my index finger into the hole) and hopefully nothing vital will come through until I can afford the surgery.

Good luck with yours!
    Kindle, OMG! That sounds terrible. I can push mine back in several times a day too, but it hurts if I cough or sneeze or push to go potty, and I work in a Hosp, so our Ins covers it. They are going to put a mesh implant to help strengthen the area so it wont happen again ( I hope).

4 more days till surgery. It kinda sucks I need to go through this, but even still, Im super glad I had the Sleeve done! Im down 56 lbs in these 3.5 months, and feel and look better! Cant wait to get to goal!
    ok, im back to work today - took 2 weeks off to recover from hernia repair and mesh placement.

The dr was not lying, this was a painful recovery- worse than the sleeve, but such is life... needed this surgery due to the sleeve procedure weakening the abdominal muscles, but still... totally worth it! Im 4 months out, and 62 lbs down. I need to work more on my vitamins though, cuz im very lethargic. I cant exercise for another 2 weeks- dr's orders, but im hoping to still make my goal of 135 lbs by mid October.
    Glad everything went well. Thanks for the update!