Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Theresa2

6 months clinic checkup

Rate this Entry
I went to see the nurse and nutritionist at the bariatric clinic today and they are quite pleased with my progress. I am averaging 70g of protein per day 100g of carbs and 70 oz of liquids, and roughly 1100 calories. There are no restrictions on what I can eat. I must be sure to have carbs such as Melba toast, fruit, or crackers with my meals because I am still diabetic. They also increased my vitamin D to 3000 IU daily because it is quite low. All in all I am pleased.

Submit "6 months clinic checkup" to Digg Submit "6 months clinic checkup" to del.icio.us Submit "6 months clinic checkup" to StumbleUpon Submit "6 months clinic checkup" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

My doctor wants me to get in at least 100 grams of protein a day. and as much water as i can drink.
    That's great news! You are doing very good Theresa!
    I wonder why we have that vitamin D deficiency after a sleeve, even with supplements....and sun exposure (for me)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    That's great news! You are doing very good Theresa!
    I wonder why we have that vitamin D deficiency after a sleeve, even with supplements....and sun exposure (for me)!
    Don't know. For me, it's living in Canada because I was taking D for the last 5 years. The B12 is probably the Metformin.
    What type of diabetes do you have? I was told that most people with type 2 can get ride of diabetes with the sleeve or with a by pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyelias
    What type of diabetes do you have? I was told that most people with type 2 can get ride of diabetes with the sleeve or with a by pass.
    I have type 2. Surgery dropped my A1C from high 8s to low 7s. I've gone from 4 metformin, 1 januvia, 2 glyburide and 42 units of insulin to 2 metformin. The issue is my fasting glucose. It's finally in the 6s (don't know how to convert to U.S. measures). The key is most but not all.