Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

6 Month Post-op

Rate this Entry
Hello my friends!

Time seems to fly lately!!
I've been really busy during my two months in France, got sick, gained weight, had a long stall...also a bad fall with injured knee and ankle right when I was going to start water gym!! anyway, six weeks later it's better and doing little yoga and weight lift, waiting to be completely mobile to start to working out more, probably indoor because the weather outside is really humid, thanks to our tropical climate...

Yesterday was my 6 months post-op, surgeon, nurse and nut were all very happy about my weight loss (74 pounds total) and not really worried about the muscle loss....its not too bad but still. I know I'm always just at 60g of protein per day or right under, so I will have to try an other brand of shake (again!!) and hopefully find something I can drink to have more protein in my diet....

I had an other blood test, since the one five weeks ago did show some very weak level of D vitamin and iron, I've been taking a much higher dosage and we have to make sure it's absorbed this time.

Since surgery I've been really nauseous, but I noticed that since I did cut my PPI (lanzoprazole) gradually from 30 mg each day to now 15 mg once every two days I do feel much better. I can't stop completely my PPI yet because I still have reflux but I hope to do it in a few weeks.

Already 6 months, sometimes I forget about the sleeve but looking at my smaller size, and feeling so much better when I walk or move just make me really thankful. I'm so glad I was able to get that surgery! I was lucky that my insurance did pay for it, but I was ready to self-pay anyway, I had reached a point where I knew my health was just getting worth and action was urgently required!
If any of you are still undecided, I just want to let you know that my only regret is that I didn't get it sooner...of course it's not a walk in the park, especially the first month post-surgery, but it is so worth it to be able to be mobile again with no pain! I'm also really happy about my medical team, all really sweet and caring.

Next week I will try my free session of cool sculpting...not sure if I should do it on my arms, belly or legs...my skin is so bad on my arms and belly that I don't see the point because only skin surgery could do something, but my lower legs are puffy all the time, may be that would actually help... and there's still lot's of fat on it, I always had large calfs, even when I was slim...the result is supposed to take a few weeks to show, but they also offer a package of 8 sessions for a good price in case I'm' convinced ;-)
take care!

Submit "6 Month Post-op" to Digg Submit "6 Month Post-op" to del.icio.us Submit "6 Month Post-op" to StumbleUpon Submit "6 Month Post-op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi Sandra. Nice to see you back here.
    Hey, hope the nauseousness leaves you soon.