Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

xena7158

Week 24 (5.5 months) - is there a 5th month stall?

Rate this Entry
Well, I've been losing and gaining 0.1 lbs at a time, within the same pound marker (and no body fat% losses registering), for the last 4 weeks! Now that's what I call a stall!

I didn't want to jinx it by calling it early, but it's been 5 days since I broke out of that pattern, and my body fat % is dropping again.

I'm not going to lie, I did some freaking out - but stayed solid with my proteins, water, supplements, exercise routine - and it worked!

Stalls are a thing
Not losing your mind completely is a thing
Staying the course is a thing
Getting back on track, is a thing!

You can do it people - stay strong!

Submit "Week 24 (5.5 months) - is there a 5th month stall?" to Digg Submit "Week 24 (5.5 months) - is there a 5th month stall?" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 24 (5.5 months) - is there a 5th month stall?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 24 (5.5 months) - is there a 5th month stall?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow, good for you. I'm almost four months out and had a 3 week stall that lasted 3 full weeks. Was kind of scary, but things have picked up since then. I was thinking there might be another stall, but am hoping there is not. All I know is I have to keep the course and do as you said, all your protein, water etc. I too feel you have to trust the process, but you have to keep your end of the deal too. Good for you and I'm wishing you good things. I'm feeling happy and very glad I did this - no regrets at all.
    Hi sleeve buddy!! Glad to see you're doing good!
    I also had a few stalls lately, since we got the surgery the same day that could be the timing....but one stall was related to medication....
    I traveled back home Saturday, this time no water retention, that was nice after a 14 hours flight!
    At the end of the week I see my surgeon for the 6 months post-op....I wonder what he will say about those past months...besides my super low vitamin D and iron level...
    Sounds like you have it together! Great job!!
    My sister is eating a ketogenic diet and has lost 35 lbs. she says she loses in "chunks" too.

I bet it's like growth spurts in infants....stalls happen at fairly regular intervals? Hmmm.
    According to my Dr., these stalls may be "set points". Set points are certain weights where your body is comfortable mainly because you may have been that weight at some point in your "gaining" phase. I've currently been at the same weight for almost 4 weeks, and average 1000 - 1200 calories a day, plus usually burn 500 - 600 calories at the gym 4 or 5 days a week. It makes no sense, but I know one day I'll get on the scale and be down 3 or 4 pounds. It's crazy!