Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Tandem

Craving sweets???

Rate this Entry
Today, my husband and I went out for lunch. I ordered grilled salmon and a baked sweet potato. I ate half the salmon (about 3 ounces) and one spoonful of the baked sweet potato. After that, I was full.

However, four hours and three bottles of water later I am having a serious craving for something sweet. I'm not hungry, but I really want something sweet! This is the first time I've craved sweets since surgery. The only thing I can attribute this to is the spoonful of baked sweet potato. There wasn't any added sugar on it. . .just the potato itself. I guess that's all it took.

I'm resisting it with all I have! I won't be eating a sweet potato again any time soon if I'm going to have this type of reaction. I am a firm believer that sugar is addictive - and I am a junky going through detox. . .

Submit "Craving sweets???" to Digg Submit "Craving sweets???" to del.icio.us Submit "Craving sweets???" to StumbleUpon Submit "Craving sweets???" to Google

Comments

Carbs in any form turn into glucose molecules in the body.
    It is definitely hard to stop. I just went two weeks on a liquid diet due to an abscessed tooth. Mostly shakes, iced coffee to energize me through the day. I am going through HELL. Not sure how to deal. I tried to cut the sugar today but failed. I had the worst sugar withdrawls EVER. If you find something helpful let me know. So far I have only gained 2 pounds. I would love to keep it that way. HAHA>

Good Luck.
    Find healthy sweet options- fruit, I carry dried fruit with me everywhere. Protein bars is a good go to as well. Now, I'm 1 1/2 years out and I do occasionally have candy but it is the bite size which I manage it turn into 3 or 4 bites so make me mentally think I had more
    Sugar was always my albatross. I finally figured out it was what was causing my digestive system to blow up like a balloon. It was so painful that all I could do is hold a hot water bottle on my stomach and pray it would pass. I will have a bite or 2 of someone else's dessert, but just avoid them now. I did crave them too, badly, but now that I have been away from them, it is not so bad.