Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Itsmylife2016

A little about me....

Rate this Entry
I'm 28 and overweight. I made the decision about a month ago to make this lifestyle change. I have never been by any means skinny nor do I think I want to be but healthy and thinner are where my goals are.

My background is a first responder/Firefighter/medic which kept me in decent shape/active, however in 2010 I made the decision to get into the construction industry to help pay my way through college.. Well I continued to excel and move up in the industry and dropped college to pull 60 hour work weeks. (Because everyone loves money more than school lol) And with the promotions came a more sedimentary lifestyle as well as horrible eating habits due to the hours I put in. EXCUSES EXCUSES right?

In 2014 I hit my highest weight at 202lbs. My relationship was strained as well as my mental status. Advocare and Adipex (and walking 30min a day) was introduced to me and within months I was 178 BAM! I was Happy and looking good getting compliments and started eating again. One bad meal after another 2 years later here I am writing a blog to hold myself accountable for my actions. I'm now at another "highest weight" weighing in around 230 lbs at 5'4''. I feel it in everything I do. And I'M DONE!

Its time to start a new journey, with new friends and support and I cannot wait!

~Shannon~

Submit "A little about me...." to Digg Submit "A little about me...." to del.icio.us Submit "A little about me...." to StumbleUpon Submit "A little about me...." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK. HOPE YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT TOO LONG FOR SURG.
    Congrats on your new journey, I will have surgery in 37 days! Its a life changer but excited to take back control
    Thank you guys! I am scheduling it for August 24th so not too long, I just want to give myself enough time to plan everything out and be able to take the time off work without coming back to a headache lol
    Good for you!! It has totally changed my life! I wish you the best!!