Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sue_902010

2 year surgeriversary

Rate this Entry
Hello Everyone,

I am back. Its been 1 year 10 months post-op. Its been a busy yo-yo life for me. I started off doing well with my weight loss. I got about 8 months out and the weigh started staggering off. I did manage to loose 70 pounds total, which I am very proud of. I had a couple of bouts depression, dealing with family and work issues. I gained about 14 pounds back from my low of 172. I went to my first appointment where I gained some weight back and my doctor made me feel bad because I hadn't reached my weight loss goal. That was even more depressing. He told me to focus on a plant based diet minimize meat and no sweets (I should have been doing this anyway) but I didn't do it. For the last couple of weeks I have really focused on doing what he said. I went back to some healthy lifestyle changes. More veggies, less meat. Gave up coffee and added tea with a little honey. Water, water, water and more exercise. Lessons learned. You have to put you first, stress eating is still possible with the sleeve, find another way to relieve stress other than stress eating, the right type of support is important. My daughter also had the surgery and I thought we could support each other, but every sleever is different and needs different support that encourages their weaknesses. Water and exercise are a must incorporate my body feeds off of very little food and turns it into fat. I remember when I signed up to this site I felt very supported and like I was supporting so I am back. How is everyone else doing :-)

Submit "2 year surgeriversary" to Digg Submit "2 year surgeriversary" to del.icio.us Submit "2 year surgeriversary" to StumbleUpon Submit "2 year surgeriversary" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Welcome back Sue! I am glad you are here, we are in this battle together.

I am fairly new just six weeks post op.

I feel you about the depression and family drama and not allow it to suck us in and detour us from our path. I do hope your daughter is getting the support she needs for life long success.

I just came across this list of high protein vegetables that may be helpful as you plan your plant base meals. https://www.healthaliciousness.com/a...in-protein.php

Best wishes and I look forward to reading your updates and getting to (virtually) know you.

xoxo
    Glad you didn't let te doc make you spiral....glad you are on track. You know what to do
    Good for you! So glad you have decided to pick yourself back up! Believe me, you will likely have to do it over and over as I have, but if you stay on it, you will continue to lose no matter how far out. I am 4 yrs and nearly to my goal! Putting yourself first is really hard, but necessary for success!
    "Put yourself first" really, really, really is the secret to all of this, I believe. That may turn out to be different things for different folks -- but if you don't put yourself first in line it just doesn't seem to work.

Like you, I'm coming up on my second anniversary in August. I was sleeved August 18, 2014. You can't see my stats here in the blog format, but pre-op I started at 235.6 pounds. I wound up at 135 pounds. I've been maintaining there for the last 14 months.

My life has changed so, so, so, so much. And all for the better. And speaking of "me first," now that I'm so much healthier I can care for those I love so much better than I once could. It all works out nicely, eh?
    My two years will be September 24. My goal was 140 and I reached 130. I fluctuate between 130-134.
    I weigh often (once every week or two) so that the weight doesn't creep up again. I hit 136 and flipped a bit, but got down to 130 within a couple of weeks.
    I could never understand how people could say that it was decision they had ever made. I didn't admit it to myself but I thought it would be an easy fix but it wasn't. Once I realized it is a tool I could chose to use or not, it became much easier.
    I can now say it has been the best decision I have ever made. I lost 70lbs and have maintained it now for 15 months now.
    Sue_90210 Do the 5 day pouch test and you will get back on track. Google it and follow it to the letter. It is really easy. Even if you have a lot of restriction, it gives you the discipline to lose those last few pounds. (I did it and it was easy and it worked)
    Terrora! Glad to hear from you and that you're doing so well. Congrats to the old crowd.
    Hello how are you I'm going to give you a little advice. I hope it comes of right. As long as you try and use this gift you got for good nothing anybody even your Dr. Can bring you down keep your head up my 1yr anniversary is coming up. I haven't made it to the goal wt yet and lately I've been looking on this site for ppl who have made it and maintained . I'm not afraid of gaining but I be dame if I go back to (400 to almost 500 lbs) you feeling me? This is a gift and a tool you need to be looking at it like that. You know what you need to do get back "on track" you've got this support or no support as long as you are alive and wake up everyday strive to do better for you cause you did this for you its going to help everybody in the long run but it's for you. Now stress is a killer of all hope and everything sane let that shit go trust me I had to learn how to handel it still a major problem but it's better now you have to control that exercise, walking,church writing down feelings something needs to be your outlet for that just pick something that is positive and mind clearing in opinion a clear mind and body and soul is worth more to me than anything. You can do it set yourself up to win if fall so what start over tomorrow once again sorry if it's a little harsh have a excellent and wonderful day also look for support groups in your city they have helped me alot.