Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MaryRevised

Ta-Da! I made my first video on Youtube! LOL

Rate this Entry
When you have a chance, please check out my Youtube channel called MaryRevised.

You can even Subscribe, Like, and add some Comments there. (I think you have to have a Google account to do that)

https://www.youtube.com/user/madredesenorb

I really think it will help me to talk about issues and topics, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know. I hope by sharing my experiences going from two lap bands to the sleeve will help others.

Thanks!
Mary

Submit "Ta-Da!  I made my first video on Youtube!  LOL" to Digg Submit "Ta-Da!  I made my first video on Youtube!  LOL" to del.icio.us Submit "Ta-Da!  I made my first video on Youtube!  LOL" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ta-Da!  I made my first video on Youtube!  LOL" to Google

Comments

Thanks for sharing and I wish you the best in your journey to discover and embrace the healthier version of yourself.

There are several articles out there that talk about how to talk about Bariatric surgery with friends and family and with those noisy over concerned looky loos. If I come across them again I'll send your way. But I think you got that handled as making a video of your weightloss journey is very public... More power to you for having the courage to do that! Congratulations! I wish much success and I hope you are able to touch others out there!

Best wishes again!
    Hello, I have been doing utube also. it helps me out alot
    Thanks Shirl! Yeah, send me those articles! I might need them! LOL Can you believe not even my parents know about my two lap bands? I just know them, and know they wouldn't be as supportive as I needed them to be, so why even go there? Can you imagine their surprise when I announce that I've had 80% of my stomach removed?
    Actually they are a large part of why I want and need to lose weight. They are both diabetic with high blood pressure and cholesterol. My dad has had a quadruple bypass, etc, etc... Their lives are filled with taking medicines and going to doctors appointments. I don't want to be like that. Before the lap band, I was already insulin resistant and on Metformin. And now, I haven't had to take it in years.
    I feel a lot stronger now, and I don't really care what anyone thinks. I'm not looking for approval or consent. I am making this decision by myself and for myself under the supervision of a bariatric surgeon and nutritionist. And I have lots of supportive friends that have been there for me, so.. yeah. I'm good. Actually, I'm great!
    Yay for you! My mom is so heavy that her knees are about to give out. I talk to her about my surgery, and it's not like she can't see my progress! My dad worries too, but does everything for her...frustrating but you can only lead a horse...well, you know...
    I don't understand why your doc won't do the band removal and VSG at the same time. Is that standard practice? Is that how other docs do it?