Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

Blood Tests Update and Random Ups/Downs

Rate this Entry
Friday, Jun. 24, 2016

I had my blood tests results today. My primary care physician was on vacation, so I met with a different doc, as I waited for he/she to show up in the examining room. I wasn't sure what to expect. To my surprise, he was pleasant and friendly, and he had read my chart and told me right off the bat that he was very excited for me.

My cholesterol went from 220 to 145 since December 2015. My HDL is one point below the normal range, but it actually went up since the last blood test. The only way to raise it he said was by cardiovascular exercise and intake of more omega3s. I am no longer Vitamin D or Iron deficient, and most importantly my A1C, fast and random glucose tests were perfect! I am no longer prediabetic!!! for now. Last blood test result I was one point from Type2 Diabetes. My hope is that through my gastric sleeve I can keep Diabetes at bay for as long as possible.

As someone who considered the good, the bad and the ugly of Bariatric Surgery, this was a risk that I took to enter the second stage of my life. I can celebrate 50 years old knowing that I have done all I can to enjoy life! Free of obesity-related illnesses, and not be a burden to my children.

Regarding ups and downs, this week sucked big time. My energy was in the pits; mostly I believed because I started my moon on Monday, but also because there are a few family problems that have boggled me with much worry. I spent two days secluded, most of it in bed sleeping, except to eat and take a few phone calls. All I can do is leave everything in God's hands, knowing I only have control of what I do. I felt depressed like I have never felt it before. I didn't tell the doctor because for one, I am able to take care still of myself, shower, eat and do a few minor chores, and the other is that I know it is circumstantional. Being away from my life partner doesn't help, but come August the lease is up on this apartment, and I will be heading back home to join him.

I pick up my nephew later on from the airport. My sister-in-law called me and said he was acting up and said he was refusing to get in the car to go to the airport because she didn't let him take some game console. I asked to speak to him, and he gave me attitude. God Grant Me The Serenity....

My sister, rest in peace, left us a huge mess. And everyone seems to think I have the answers (and finances) to their problems. Lord, make me a channel of thy peace...

My daughter's marriage is falling apart, my heart is breaking for my granddaughters, for her, and for my son-in-law. All I can do is pray for them, support and love my daughter as she finds her path. My Creator, show me the way of patience, tolerance, kindness, and love...

I celebrate the victories of life, along with mourning, defeats, and obstacles I must continue to overcome.

Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity to
Accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And the Wisdom to know the difference.
(and the difference is me)

Submit "Blood Tests Update and Random Ups/Downs" to Digg Submit "Blood Tests Update and Random Ups/Downs" to del.icio.us Submit "Blood Tests Update and Random Ups/Downs" to StumbleUpon Submit "Blood Tests Update and Random Ups/Downs" to Google

Comments

That's quite a platefil, Shirl. Glad u are looking for signs of funk vs true depression...Pls keep an eye on that as some of falling into a depression sometimes is early sleeve stuff. Would your SO charge u rent? If not, have u considered screwing the lease, paying the fee, subletting or just paying the rent and getting there sooner? You are worth it.

Sorry for ur daughter and her family... I haven't yet ever nursed mine thru a boyfriend break up so I cannot imagine how tough this is for u as her mom. We want so much to take their hurt away.

On the good news side...it's amazing how quickly ur body has responded! That's very hope inspiring for the rest of us mid lifers also trying to stave off diabetes and such.
    I know right!? what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger!

"Life happens when you are busy making plans" words to live by. I am trying to focus on what I have control over which is basically just what I can put in my mouth at this point LOL! everything else I am just going to trust the process. I am, however, profoundly happy about my lab results so no matter what else life throws at me I have this and many other joys and blessings to hold on to.

Thank Muted_Tummy for your friendship and support through this sleeved life.

I definitely feel a lot better than I felt earlier in the week.
    I would barf all over the floor if I was upside down like you in your picture!
    Pam G. pulled pic off the internet to inspire me. Definitely not able to do head stand without a wall behind me and a wholla trying ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    Pam G. pulled pic off the internet to inspire me. Definitely not able to do head stand without a wall behind me and a wholla trying ;-)

Awwww, maaaan, I thought that was you...I'm disappointed.
    Good luck with your journey
    Quote Originally Posted by KariVSG
    Good luck with your journey
    LOL---oops this was meant for Pam's response. I always click the wrong reply! and I can't figure out how to delete a reply.