Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

xena7158

19 weeks out (almost) - high protein pumpkin things!

Rate this Entry
So far so good, everything moving along tickety boo - 72 lbs less than when I started this adventure (49 lbs since surgery date), and having a great time fitting into my old clothes! No complaints and nothing extraordinary going on.

I wanted to share a couple of protein food ideas that I recently came across and totally love!

First one is a new product at Costco (new to me, in Canada) called Kodiak Cakes - Flapjack and Waffle mix. I was craving pancakes, and this mix is loaded with protein. On their website (http://www.kodiakcakes.com) I found tons of recipes for high protein things, using this mix! So far I've tried the Pumpkin Cream Pancakes, and they were awesome!

With my leftover pumpkin puree, I couldn't get pumpkin cheesecake out of my head .... and using my google-fu, I found a recipe for a high protein pumpkin cheesecake - made it - and IT IS AMAZING - if you like cheesecake, and pumpkin pie flavor. And it has a whopping 18 grams of protein per portion (1/8 cake) - did I mention it is low sugar and low fat? Can't believe it's so good ... anyway, it turns out this website also has a TON of high protein recipes ... another great resource for protein rich meals
It is at: https://theproteinchef.co/

Submit "19 weeks out (almost) - high protein pumpkin things!" to Digg Submit "19 weeks out (almost) - high protein pumpkin things!" to del.icio.us Submit "19 weeks out (almost) - high protein pumpkin things!" to StumbleUpon Submit "19 weeks out (almost) - high protein pumpkin things!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow!! 72 lbs is a lot!! Keep it up!! How tall are you?

You're so lucky to live in Canada! I lived in Montreal when I was little and I miss it all the time!
    @ Greatest decision ever!!! : I'm 5'8 (well, technically 5'7 and 3/4)
    Goona look into those !! yumm
    I have a box of Kodiak waiting will def check out those leads, thanks!