Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

Two-Week-Sleevesary and Next Steps

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Shirl View Post
I can't believe it has been two weeks, and it's surreal to me that I'm sleeved.

I'm doing excellent relatively speaking, nothing major to complain about health wise. Just my energy seems to have slowed down.

Yesterday I got on the elliptical and was only able to do 5min., got on the treadmill instead I was pooped by minute 11 on there.

I'm meeting, sometimes passing my protein goals, I'm taking in about a liter and half of water, my goal is two for now. I'm taking all my Bariatric vitamins daily (multivitamin, vitamin D3, biotin, B12 w iron, and calcium) I still have my moon, though I expect it's last day today, I'm wondering if that is why energy has been low. I will wait a day or two before I bombard my surgical nurse/dietician with texts.

I have started reading (again) A Course In Weight Loss (hopefully I will get past the first chapters this time) it is tedious work to deal with issues around my food compulsiveness. Currently, I'm not hungry whatsoever in the early part of the day, but come 8 pm I'm fantasizing about my first real meal on day 30. I'm on a schedule. I sip on my protein shake even if I'm not hungry; I concentrate on that first. In the evening, I sip on bone broth and have added tiny bits of soft tofu, sauces, and spices to dress it and change it a bit. I've had fresh young (soft) coconut meat, and the soft seaweed (kelp) that comes in my miso soup and my tummy was okay, but I did do it out of compulsion I just had to chew something.

For now, I'm just trying to stay present and focus on healing. I log in every sip (or bite) of food into LoseIt; I scheduled to get a daily and weekly summary. I'm taking in about 500-650cals on average, about 60% of is my proteins. I can tell on my clothes that I've lost weight. My scale shows about .5lbs weight loss daily with some less. I think for here on I want to focus in reshaping my body. I can tell my butt is going to go first lol!

My job now is to do what I can (I will do what I can within my abilities) to not just reshape my body, but to transform my mind and heart as well. Love conquers all.

Wishing you all health, healing, love and peace in each of your own transformations and journeys.
Yesterday I posted an update on my two-week sleevesary; it is still surreal to me that I am now sleeved, and the weight has started to melt slowly. Yesterday, it was a real good friend's birthday, and though I had declined to go to her bday bash, I invited her on a hike. I was a little worried because my energy has gotten low as of the last few days. I am happy that she was patient with me, and we took many breaks in our almost hour hike up and down some nice hills and terrain I had never visited. I was a little frightened as there were many "bobcat" warnings. I told her if we see one we have to scream and roar loud to scare it LOL! I am glad it never came to that! The only bad part that there where fire ant mounds all over, and I was not about to rest anywhere near them. I have learned my lesson in Texas.

I was inspired by my hike to get to exercising!

I have a small, but well-equipped gym in my apartment building so I have access to elliptical and treadmills for now, and to weights down the road. My obsessive compulsion hit, and I looked up a small boutique gym I had belonged to before I moved to Texas. I was thrilled when I found out that they are still around and are looking to expand! I jumped up early in the a.m. and headed over there!!! I lost over 20lbs the few months I had a trainer there. OH, That trainer is now a spiritual healer traveling the world I was told!!! I could see that!!! Jacob was fantastic with me, gentle and patient and always encouraging me yet pushing my limits. He became a good friend, but alas we lost touch after a few years gone.

I signed up for a month to month as I do not know where I will end up working in the next few months. But I am excited that I will be going there again for one-on-one personal attention three times a week!

The routine today was 20 minutes on the Helix, which is Lateral (sideways elliptical) trainer, 15 min. of strength training on a vibrating plate (which will have to increase to 30 min. slowly), and 40 minutes of rest on an infrared/jade cocoon. AND I feel wonderful... and beautiful!

In the morning, I had my 1/2 portion of homemade high protein shake made of 1 cup goat milk kefir, 1/2 strawberries, one premier protein and a scoop of unflavored Vital Protein powder.

In the afternoon, I had 1/3 portion of 1 cup kale, 1 cup spinach, 3 tbsp of PB, 1 cup almond milk and a serving of Tera's Hunger Control protein powder.

I have been sipping on water in between meals and exercise; I think I am up to 6 cups as of now.

Submit "Two-Week-Sleevesary and Next Steps" to Digg Submit "Two-Week-Sleevesary and Next Steps" to del.icio.us Submit "Two-Week-Sleevesary and Next Steps" to StumbleUpon Submit "Two-Week-Sleevesary and Next Steps" to Google

Comments

Shirl

Your a great blogger! Full of heart and inspiration.
    I am enjoying reading about your journey.
    I am at the beginning. Saw one surgeon. Have nutritionist next week.

All the best to you.

Cherub
    Great job! Keep up the great work!
    Awesome!
    Fabulous ! Hope you continue to do great