Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Greatest decision ever!!!

50 lbs lighter!!

Rate this Entry
I weighed 139.8 lbs this morning, that is 50 lbs lost since surgery ( about 21 days from my 5th month surgeversary) I am so happy!! I cannot be any happier and grateful to God that this new journey has been great !!

Submit "50 lbs lighter!!" to Digg Submit "50 lbs lighter!!" to del.icio.us Submit "50 lbs lighter!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "50 lbs lighter!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

congratulations! Nice to see so many of my contemporaries doing great!
    congrats!! you are doing very good! I hope you did reward yourself with some new clothing items ;-)
    Thank you ladies! I have a few outfits but haven't gone crazy shopping yet. I am a very comfortable size 6 in jeans and medium top. I would be happy if I was to stop losing some time soon. I guess we will see where my body feels comfortable at. Most days I still feel big, I just hope some day I am able to see what others see.
    Have a great week ladies!!
    Congratulations!

May I suggest something that may be out of your comfort zone, yet it is a miraculous thing?

I want you to take one minute of your day, throughout your day, look at your self in the mirror and say "I am a child of God, I am lean, I am healthy, I am beautiful. I see before me, my mirror image... a lean, healthy and beautiful child of God! A Queen!"

Do this five times a day out loud, and everytime you look in the mirror think it.
    Keep up the good work!
    Shirl- How did you know? I've been having issues feeling what everybody sees, a lean/petite woman. Even though I know 50 lbs is a lot, most days I still feel the same and hope those feelings go away soon so I can start enjoying my new healthy look!
    I will tell myself what you are suggesting, sounds empowering!!
    that's great advice Shirl!! Something I think all of us need to do. Everytime Ive lost weight I have seen in the mirror what others see. Even now when I look at some of my smaller clothes I think to myself, "How did I ever fit into that? I was never that small." Greatest decision you have done amazing! Hitting goal in less than 5 months, I am in awe. Congratulations!!
    Donna- Thanks!! Although my surgeon suggested I need to be 115 lbs (I'm only barely 5'1") I feel I will be okay at 125 so yes!! I'm almost there!! Looking back now, it has been quick. I had to slow down at the gym a bit a couple months back. But now just doing cardio , I am still really bad at taking my vitamins every day, I get a shot for B12 once a month, I wish there were shots for everything else lol.
    I love my new life!!
    Congratulations, That is awesome!
    I'm a couple lbs away from 50lbs weight loss, and like you I still don't see it even though every one else does!
    I'm 2 months post op and 85lbs away from goal weight, however im super excited to be able to ride a bike, 20 minute power walking and go to Zumba classes.
    YAy for all of us, who are able to celebrate a healthier body!

Congratulation again!
    You go girl and wow that was fast. Doesn't it just feel wonderful!!!! I myself although have complained about being too thin I am REALLY enjoying the start of the Summer. I mean I am wearing a size 2 shorts and they are adorable not to mention I haven't worn shorts in decades so that's a huge victory for me. CONGRATULATIONS and keep up the good work!!!!!
    Zoey - Size 2 must feel nice!! I keep telling myself once I get to a size 2 I want to stop loosing weight. Ha! I want to keep some curves lol I used to be a DD40, now I am probably a 36C. My husband's first concern was me loosing my rear and front. I feel bad for him, unfortunately I don't get to choose where I lose it from lol.
    Congrats! You are doing well! The self-image shift will come, especially as you settle in with smaller clothes. Trust the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest decision ever!!!
    Zoey - Size 2 must feel nice!! I keep telling myself once I get to a size 2 I want to stop loosing weight. Ha! I want to keep some curves lol I used to be a DD40, now I am probably a 36C. My husband's first concern was me loosing my rear and front. I feel bad for him, unfortunately I don't get to choose where I lose it from lol.
    It sure does I just love being in that size and like I said I've complained about being too thin so many times but I REALLY like the way I look right now. With that said I have an appt. with a boob Dr. in July because they MUST be done. I was always just a full C but now I am like maybe an A if that. As far as curves go My butt has gotten pretty flat but not in a gross way. Exercise will help with that so not too concerned about that I still have my waist line which I always loved about my body. Good Luck!
    50 lbs ,congrats to ya