Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

Life goes on...

Rate this Entry
So this telling not anyone about the surgery came back to bite me in the ass because now I have to go back to work. I took a hiatus for finals, and now almost four weeks later I received an adamant written note from my very sweet supervisor about needed to get back to work, or she'd be forced to cancel my contract. My job is quite easy, but it can be mentally draining, and I have to go to people's homes which mean I have to drive there. I used to love to drive. I am dreading it tomorrow. I am still a bit sore. I have two clients tomorrow. 60 miles round trip ugh!!! I hope I get done early and miss the L.A. Friday afternoon traffic.

I had the best sleep last night! I am hoping and praying for the same tonight.

I found a cool bookstore in my neighborhood, except they specialize in Armenian literature, and 99% of books are in Armenian, except a few children's books. I bought 3! one of them "Grandma Goes To College" appropriately titled! My youngest came to spend the night, and she wanted to binge on Game of Thrones. Unfortunately, I had to leave her to come to bed, but I needed to write. Deal with some feelings looks like I am going to need to be taking care of my 12-year-old nephew this summer. He went to live with my brother in Utah after my sister passed away last July. My brother called, and they are taking a family vacation, and cannot afford to take him along unless I want to chip on a cruise. I sincerely wish I had the funds, but I think it will be good for him to come to see his older siblings, who are not stable, and see my mom. I asked my mom earlier today to accompany me to the YMCA about looking into a day camp for him. $200 a week day camp. We might qualify for a discount based on the circumstances. We walked there; it was nice to get out of the building, the halls, and our gym I have visited 3x since surgery.

Tomorrow I begin PHASE II (day 10-20) which means I can add low fat cottage cheese and yogurt to my repertoire. I went to Whole Foods to get a few single servings of different goat milk and sheep milk yogurts just in case I dislike some. I stopped drinking regular milk a long time ago, and I love goat milk. Reminds me of being back in Guatemala, when the Goat herder came to our neighborhood to sell goat milk door to door, and he'd milk the goats in front of us. My grandfather loved it! We hated it. Now I love it. I hope I love tomorrow.

Well, good night! It is nice to connect with my sleeved community - until I see you again.

PS... As of today, I have lost 26lbs from my highest weight. I also received a 25lb Loser badge from LoseIt - I loved it! Can't wait to get a 50lbs Loser badge!!!

Submit "Life goes on..." to Digg Submit "Life goes on..." to del.icio.us Submit "Life goes on..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Life goes on..." to Google

Comments

12year old boys are wonderful things. Lol. I got custody of my nephew when he was 12 (he is 14 now). They are at the stage where they still loving and affectionate most of the time. It's a good thing he gets to see his siblings while he's there. He needs that. Charles is with his mother for the week because football makes it impossible to spend the summer with her. Otherwise he'd be there all summer. Anyway, take care when going back to work and congrats on the badges!!
    Ugh commutes. I feel ya. Maybe a good audio book on head stuff or motivation to make the captive audience time a benefit, too?

If he plays xbox, lemme know. My soon to be 14 yo can friend him and they can "play" together.
    Down 26? THat's fantastic!!
    I totally understands about the driving and returning back to work....I spend over 50-75% of my time in the car visiting my clients. Great idea in getting your nephew into a camp this summer. congrats on the weight release...release vs loss....loss implies you want it back...release letting it go! Got to change my way of thinking! Have a great holiday weekend!
    Way to go Shirl! As we can see life keeps moving along with our journey,and we just maneuver the roadblocks last couple of weeks have been doozies for me too but I'm back in the game and getting excited.Finally! I haven't shared with anyone either so I hope all goes well with no complications.My husband is so supportive that Ill deal with whatever is thrown my way,I will be following the rules.Can't wait till I'm at the point where the tough stuff is behind and I too can say this is the best thing I've ever done...LOL!