Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Mbaker

Pain pump

Rate this Entry
Hey all!!! Was sleeved this past Friday!!!! Pain pump still in place!!!! They decreased the automatic dosage about an hour ago and are weening me off of it. Nurse said I will be on a liquid pain medication when I get off of it later today!!!! Questions: 1. Have been limited to ice chips, so worried I won't be able to drink the liquid pain med!!! 2. Does the liquid pain med work as well as the pump!!!! Super nervous!!!! Hate pain (as I'm sure everyone else does too)!!!

Submit "Pain pump" to Digg Submit "Pain pump" to del.icio.us Submit "Pain pump" to StumbleUpon Submit "Pain pump" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Are you talking about the morphine pca pump that you control. If so in my experience the liquid hydrocodone medication works even better for pain. It taste pretty bad but for me it just did so much more than the pump, it also depends how much you are given. I was able to have either 15 or 30 ml depending on how bad the pain was.
    I used the liquid pain medicine twice when I got home and that was only because I developed an ear infection and couldn't get to my primary care doctor. I will warn you that liquid medicine I got sent home was absolutely horrible. My wife got me some melt-away tylenol tabs and I used those instead. Good luck when you come home. You'll do fantastic!
    I never had a pain pump just iv pain meds and I had my surgery on a Monday and got my IV taken out Tuesday afternoon and only had liquid meds after that if needed but I only took them at night due to my right side hurting so bad which had nothing to do with the surgery. I had the normal gas pains but the meds did nothing for them only walking and working them out helped. You should be fine and the liquid meds are nasty but take it like a shot and then have a drink of water there to rinse and spit to get the taste out of your mouth. You should be on clear liquids today as they usually introduce those before your barium test to make sure you can hold down fluids. I was on ice chips all day tuesday and tuesday night they gave us broth and jello. Monday was the only day we had to sip to rinse and spit to get the dryness out of our mouths.
    Sorry, I have no clue. I only had pain meds for the first 12 - 18 hours post op. Nothing since then, not even tylenol. Praying you find pain relief quickly!
    Have no gas pain as my doc does not do the laparoscopic procedure. He opened me all the way up!!!! Tough as my ab muscles were cut right through!!!!