Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

My Food Phases

Rate this Entry
Hey If anyone is interested below are my food phases as prescribed by my surgeon and dietitian. These are for guideline only.

- ALL STAGES:

- 1 to 2 liters of water daily (no water during meals avoid 20-30 min prior or after meals)
- Take 2 chewable multivitamin in the morning
- Take B12, VitD, Biotin liquid or chewable supplements at noon
- Take Calcium chewable supplements in the evening

Phase 1 (day 2 to day 10) Liquid Diet:

- Sip on Premier Protein shake work up to two servings a day (60-80g Protein)
- Sip on clear broths, sugar free popsicles (I skipped these I do not like sugar free products); I did get natural fruit pectin j-ello made with diluted fruit juice, no added sugars or artificial flavors or colors. The first table spoon I forgot to let it dissolve completely in my mouth... huge mistake. I had half of one today, and let it dissolve as much as I could, my tummy still did not like it.)

Foods included on list:
- Premier Protein Shakes all flavors
- V-8 Juice low sodium (may add lemon and pepper to taste)
- Protein K20 water
- Herbal teas
- Crystal Light
- Diet Snapple (I bought Isopure Black Tea zero carb drink (40g Protein) but I think that caused me to have acid reflux so I stopped having it after the first incident)
- Sugar free juice
- Sugar free popsicles

Phase 2 (day 10 to day 20) Full Liquids Diet

- Includes all liquids from Phase 1
- Consume foods that are liquid or semi-liquid form
- eat at scheduled times, preferably six small meals

Foods included on list:
- Non-fat cottage cheese
- Non-fat yogurt
- Fat free or 1% milk
- Canned creamed soups made with nonfat or 1% milk
- Canned broth based soups run through the blender, no lumps or bumps
- Thinned and blended hot cereal such as cream of wheat, farina, cream of rice, or oatmeal
- Sugar free pudding, fudgesicles, creamsicles, popsicles ( I am avoiding these, they might take me to a sloppery slope).

Phase 3 (day 20 to day 30) Soft/Pureed Foods Diet

- Include previous foods if you like
- Do not forget water, but do not drink 20-30 minutes prior or after meals
- Eat at scheduled times, preferrably six small meals
- time yourself, eat slowly, mush food in mouth before swallowing

Foods included on list:
- Scrambled eggs or egg whites
- Regular hot cereals, start slow, medium thickness.
- Pureed beans
- Pureed Fully STEAMED vegetables, may include meat
- Pureed Steamed fruits no peels or seeds (apples, pears, peaches, plums)
- Baby Food (Smooth stage 2)
- Thicker soups

Stage 4 (day 30 and beyond) Solid Foods with certain cautionary limits

Email me if you need this list... basically list includes any wholesome close to natural form food. No water in between meals, avoid 20-30 prior and after meals. Vegetables still need to be fully steamed and fully chewed. Fruits still need to be peeled, cut in small pieces and and fully chewed.

Submit "My Food Phases" to Digg Submit "My Food Phases" to del.icio.us Submit "My Food Phases" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Food Phases" to Google

Comments

girlfran....why are you up at 1:38am?!?!
    Maybe the thing with the jello is that it's made with fruit juice. I'm not supposed to have fruit juices unless they're diluted 50% at least with water.
    how does the Isopure Black Tea zero taste? like 'real' tea?
    MT... I stopped taking the codine and I just could not get to sleep. Thank goodness a client was a no show. I was suppose to go see her to today.

Pam... It does taste like real lemon ice tea except now it tastes super sweet. I added a juice is lemon to make it taste better. Part of me wonders if that added to stomach acid. I'm going to wait a bit before I try it again. The jello I got it's from Whole Foods they are actually called gels, something was definitely not agreeing with me. I tried a peach one snd it was better than the black cherry that I tried initially. WomYn! Tonight's the eve of your surgery!