Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

amandajane

2 Year Check-In

Rate this Entry
Hi everyone! Wow- it has been a LONG TIME since I've logged on to this site and I have to say, it's exciting to read about all the "newbies" out there waiting to have their surgeries again. I guess once you've adjusted to your new life, you forget that there are still people out there who need your input and advice. This site was such a wealth of information when I was waiting for my surgery. I learned so much from the veterans who came before me and now, 2 years later, I am one of them.. Down 90 lbs and loving my new life. I could not be happier! I was 2 years out from my surgery in April and it feels like so long ago that I was like all of you hoping to get answers about what it was REALLY going to be like when it was all said and done. Well- I'm here to tell you- it is BY FAR the most wonderful gift I have EVER given myself. All of the hard work and mental struggles I had to overcome in this process were well worth it and I would do it over a million times! I now feel like I look on the outside the way I always felt on the inside. I have confidence and am not afraid to live my life. I no longer avoid social situations or activities because of my weight. I exercise 4 days a week and I feel strong and healthy and I love it. AND ( the most important thing everyone wants to know) I EAT EVERYTHING IN MODERATION. I eat like a normal, THIN person eats. Yes- you heard me correctly. I eat pasta and rice.. I eat sweets when I want them... I eat everything I want to eat. But, the sleeve has allowed me (and forced me) to keep my portions under control and that is the blessing of this whole procedure. I really could go on and on about how great this has all been for me, but in time you will all see what a life saver this procedure really is. If I had one piece of advice for any of you waiting for your surgeries it would be - commit to the program, get in to the right frame of mind and follow the rules! If you do that, you cannot fail. After your surgeries, get out there and walk... do whatever you can do to be active because those first 6 months are the golden period of weight loss. Take every advantage of it because a year after surgery you will have to work much harder to get it off. Also- find an activity that you like and will stick with. You may have to try several things like I did or switch it up every few months to keep yourself from getting bored. BUT- you will need to stay active because you will be able to eat a decent amount again and activity is the key (and will always be the key) to keeping it off. You don't have to be a marathon runner- just be active in whatever way fits in to your life. Plus- you will feel like a rock star once you start feeling healthy and fit! And finally- always stay positive. This is learning experience and it's mentally challenging at times to re-learn how to eat in smaller quantities. But give yourself the time to feel the feelings and re-learn after surgery- and you will adjust. Trust me- I would drink liquids for another month without question knowing what I know now. Remember WHY you are doing this and stay the course. You won't regret it!
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Before_After.jpg 
Views:	494 
Size:	429.9 KB 
ID:	25784  

Submit "2 Year Check-In" to Digg Submit "2 Year Check-In" to del.icio.us Submit "2 Year Check-In" to StumbleUpon Submit "2 Year Check-In" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

good advice that I plan on using! THanks for checking in!
    Quote Originally Posted by thicknsweet
    good advice that I plan on using! THanks for checking in!
    Thanks! I also saw your post and try not to worry too much about the ups/downs on the scale. I know that sounds funny considering we are trying to lose weight but you will hit stalls.. you will gain a lb here and there and then two weeks later you will lose 5 lbs.. that's just how this process goes. Your body is making a BIG adjustment right now to the fact that you are eating very little and it's not going to be a straight line downward- even in the beginning. Stay the course- you will do great!

Good to see you and hear from you again, amandajane. Congratulations on your great success. And you look so mahvelous, dahling!

I'm doing great, too. My two-year surgiversary is coming up in August. I'm down 100 pounds and holding steady at 135.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2

Good to see you and hear from you again, amandajane. Congratulations on your great success. And you look so mahvelous, dahling!

I'm doing great, too. My two-year surgiversary is coming up in August. I'm down 100 pounds and holding steady at 135.
    100 lbs?!! Yeah-Awesome job!!! Good to hear from you and see that you are still giving out the tough love on here! I always loved reading your honest responses and advice. Congrats on your 2 years- time flies when you're having fun!! 100 lbs was my ultimate goal (It's the "magic number" I wanted to hit ). But I'm going to have to work pretty hard to get there at this point- I'm pretty much holding steady at my current weight no matter what I do. But, you never know- I'll keep plugging away and hopefully one day I'll join you in the "club"!!! Congratulations on your success- that's amazing!!
    Remember WHY you are doing this and stay the course. You won't regret it!
    Thank you for sharing your progress, and beautiful pre/post surgery photos. Was post pic in Maui? that sky!!!

I am a week post-op and have had some reality checks, but over all I am doing fine.

I hope you check in on us from time to time, and give us a lit kick in tha booty! and reminds us of why we chose this life. I have found a fountain of support and experience and information on this forum! It is always so encouraging to read posts from those who are two and plus years out still working their program. I hope I can as successful as you and all of them here and out there!

Much appreciation and love to you!