Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

sjjelks

Why i joined this site

Rate this Entry
When I joined this site I said this is great, I can be with people that did the same thing I did. If I have general questions that I would like someone that has walked through this to answer I don't want to hear no smart mouth answer. Its sad that some people that are on here try to talk to people like they are stupid. I have a bad temper but I have to remember that you cant control what people say and how stupid adults can be. When I was thinking about having this surgery I prayed that the Lord would allow me to stay humble because so many people that I know personally that had weight loss surgery have really changed like they didn't have it, like they have never been chunky, like they have always been able to run without getting tired instantly. Remember where you come from. Also, if you see me ask a question and you have something smart to say keep going don't even stop to reply. I don't want to talk to the perfect people on here, I want to talk to the ones that are down to earth and remember how it felt before and after, and through the whole process. I'm am tired of these people that's full of themselves.

Submit "Why i joined this site" to Digg Submit "Why i joined this site" to del.icio.us Submit "Why i joined this site" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why i joined this site" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Some times you just have to take the good with the bad, move on and stay positive for you.
    We're all in this together! ��
    Some people are just downright mean...probably were that way even before surgery.
    I think most are very nice and so willing to help, but there's always one bad apple in the bunch. ��
    Glad you keep posting! I'm on your timeline, so sharing some of the same issues.
    I agree. I think people who are straight forward forget that not every answer has to be said the way they say it. I try to live by this rule: Is it necessary and is it kind? If it's not, then don't say it. It doesn't take much to change how you approach giving advice. This is supposed to be a helpful place not a judgmental place or tough love. I don't want or need to be coddled, but what you are posting, is it kind? Is it necessary?
    Thanks for sharing your feelings. I think there are many who feel as you do. Best of luck to you.
    I also try to live by the "Is it kind?" mentality. Everyone needs, from time to time, to stop and think about what your saying, or in this case typing, before you say it. There are some very good people here who are helpful and will give good advice without being judgemental. You do have to take the good with the bad just like the above posters have already stated. I wish you well on your journey and much success. I'm not sleeved yet. Been waiting on a date for awhile now. Hopefully soon.
    Well, a forum is just like real life, except some people will hide behind their keyboards to be mean...it's like Staphanie11 said about bad apples...just ignore those people. There's great people here, who take the time to answer to questions and who don't judge. I always like to look at the glass ...half full
    I believe the attitude has to be with us as well...are we going in expecting it to be a bad experience? Are we over emotional in the responses we receive and read? Remember we add our own emotion onto the words people post and we can misread them easily Good Luck to you!
    Thank you all. I am not going to stop posting and commenting I was just letting it be known if you know that you are that person that rarely has something nice to say then don't comment on anything I put. I understand people are going to say what they want and I also understand that my perception of it could be totally wrong BUT there are some on here that you can tell how they meant to say it. I love this group guys. A lot of you are so helpful and I need people like that because this life change is not always easy so I need positivity. Thanks for reading me vent............lol..........