Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

sjjelks

weighing in

Rate this Entry
I have only checked my weight one time since the surgery. I am afraid that if I check it too much I will disappoint myself if I am not where I feel I should be. week one I lost 8lbs. I don't know where I am now. I can kind of tell the difference with my clothing but I am not sure. How often do you weigh yourself? How often do you recommend me weigh in?

Submit "weighing in" to Digg Submit "weighing in" to del.icio.us Submit "weighing in" to StumbleUpon Submit "weighing in" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

wow you are very wise, feel it in your body and cloths. once a month is good but i had to do it every week. i picked a day first thing in the am, after pee and naked. worked for me. good luck. every day is a presc. for failure.
    I'm 20 months out and in the beginning I didn't weigh much because the clothes told a lot. Probably once a week or so. Once I reached where I was feeling I should stop I weighed pretty much everyday and the weight still kept coming off. I still continue to weigh daily or at least every other because my weight has now stabilized and I want to stay within a 10 lb radius of maintaining. I still eat what I want at this point in time but know that there will be a time that my bodies metabolism will need me to focus more on what I eat and I want to be aware of when that time comes since my weight will start to increase. everyone is different so you need to find what will work for you.
    I weighed daily during the weight loss process and still do it now that I'm in maintenance. It's what I needed to do to stay on track. Weighing everyday isn't for everyone because there are days where the scale does not move, days where it goes up, and then there are the sweet days where it goes down. I don't think there is a right or wrong just figure out if daily, weekly, or monthly works for you.
    I only look at my scale once or twice a week because my weight can be really different from one day to an other and I don't want to get upset about it, stress is bad for weight loss
    When I came back from the hospital, I had gained 2 kgs from all the IV fluids. One week later it was gone with a bonus, I think it was around 5 kgs. But then it became slower, and at three weeks a stall (normal and expected) for around 10 days. I noticed around my period it will also fluctuate a lot. Don't worry, it's not a sprint, it's a marathon, my surgeon told me I should expect to lose 50 kgs in one year. Soon I will be at the end of my 4th month, I lost 26kgs (or more, traveling right now don't have a scale) so basically half of the goal is lost, 25 kgs left to lose in 8 months....I hope a little more...we'll see! During my first stall I was really wondering if something was wrong, now I just wait...and hope for the best...don't worry about the scale, try to focuse on drinking enough water and having your protein (60g minimum ) each day, that was the most difficult for me, especially the first month. Take care!
    Ya know, I have weighed myself once since surgery so far. I know that at 210, I actually look pretty damn good and that's all I'm concerned with at the moment. If I start looking in the mirror and don't like what I see, I'll probably get on more often. I know it will come off as long as I follow the rules, so for now, I'm using the mirror and clothes a a general guide until a "problem" in the mirror arises. Sounds vain, I know, but I AM vain.
    Sounds good to me. I pretty much go by my outfits............... I am like....... man I remember how I had to do my "get all of this in these pants" dance and now I just put them on.......lol. I think its more of me not wanting to be disappointed in myself. Thanks you all. That helps.