Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

February 24th Is The Day!

Heartburn / Indigestion / Acid Re-flux Oh My!

Rate this Entry
So I have read forever on here how so many people have all of these problems with the acid re-flux, indigestion and heart burn and how it can really lower your quality of life. Although I personally rarely ever have this issue thank God but a lot of you do so I may be able to help someone. I'm sure this isn't everyone's problem but if I can enlighten a few and help you feel better then job well done.

Somehow this conversation came up with my Dr. and she was telling me that so many people take all kinds of medication without water. Then she went on to say that nobody should ever take even vitamins with anything but water or milk and a lot of it. Keep in mind please that I'm sure many of you know this already but some may not.

She was saying to never take a pill or vitamins with any kind of Juice, Coffee, Soda or anything with acid in it whatsoever. She was saying she has so many patience that complain about acid etc. and when she asks them what they drink with their meds they say "oh my coffee or juice" or "nothing" I just swallow them whole.

So the moral of the story is that meds. and vitamins cause enough acid in our stomachs and then if you take it with anything but water or milk it will wreak havoc on not only your stomach but your asophgus sp? as well. It can cause severe acid in your system and even promote the possibility of ulcers in the stomach over time.

I know so many of you struggle with this horrible problem and this may not be the reason why but maybe this might be the one thing that is contributing to it. Anyway I hope this helps!!!

Submit "Heartburn / Indigestion / Acid Re-flux Oh My!" to Digg Submit "Heartburn / Indigestion / Acid Re-flux Oh My!" to del.icio.us Submit "Heartburn / Indigestion / Acid Re-flux Oh My!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Heartburn / Indigestion / Acid Re-flux Oh My!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

YOU NEVER KNOW. IT MAY HELP SOMEBODY. THANKS FOR SHARING.
    Makes sense
    It helps me if I take really deep breaths, hold it in for a few seconds and let it out. Heart burn sucks. Glad its not a constant issue for me
    I suffered for years with crazy heartburn.. pills every 24 hours or it tore up my chest and throat,, didn't take any pills for the 1st 2 weeks post op, but the last 2 weeks I have needed to take them every few days or so.. The dr. said even people who didn't have it b4, may have it after surgery but mostly goes away after a while, so I am hopeful it will get better than it was.

I will say, sometimes I did take the pill with juice or tea or coffee... mostly milk, but now ill make extra effort! Thanks