Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

February 24th Is The Day!

ONLY if you need to GAIN weight!!!

Rate this Entry
Hey Everyone,

It feels like forever since I've been on here and hope everyone is doing well. So this post is really for the people on here that have lost too much weight and want to put on a few pounds. This is unfortunately a real issue and the oxi moron is we have gone through life covering up because we were too big and now we are covering up because we don't want people to realize how painfully thin we are, it's honestly just too funny and never in a million years would I have thought I would want to gain weight.

I know there are several of us that complain about this so I have been trying to figure out the best way to do it and I think I've got it. A week ago I started drinking "ENSURE PLUS" and it has been helping, I put 2lbs. back on in a week. Ensure is loaded with vitamins, minerals, protein so basically the healthiest stuff on earth, it has 350 calories per bottle also. It is specially made for people that want to gain weight and or maintain a healthy weight.

Beware though, when I first started drinking it I got really sick twice. I was sweating, stomach cramps, shaking and running to the bathroom it was awful and quite scary. So I figured it out I drank it too fast and our stomachs cannot absorb it that fast so you get sick. With that said I now take about two hours to get it all down and it's just fine. I had a Dr. appt. today and she said the longer it takes to get it down the better because we will absorb it better so now I will sip it from breakfast to lunch time. You can throw it back in the fridge if it gets warm to. I ordered a case of it from Amazon and got the chocolate and I have to say it is absolutely delicious, no after taste at all. Anyway that's my news and I hope this helps those of you with the same concerns as me. Good Luck!

Submit "ONLY if you need to GAIN weight!!!" to Digg Submit "ONLY if you need to GAIN weight!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "ONLY if you need to GAIN weight!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "ONLY if you need to GAIN weight!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

THANKS. I'M SURE MANY WILL BE HELPED BY THIS INFO.
    I think the majority of us have the opposite problem, we have to work really hard to keep what we've lost off. But best of luck to you!!
    I was drinking the ensure plus and noticed that the carbs and sugar we're sky high and my little tummy couldn't handle it .
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    I think the majority of us have the opposite problem, we have to work really hard to keep what we've lost off. But best of luck to you!!
    Exactly and that's why this was addressed only to people with this very real problem. I totally understand the trying to keep the weight off that you have lost, been there a million times myself which would be why I had this surgery to begin with. With that said there are more people than you might think that have bypassed there goal by several lbs. and can't seem to put weight back on no matter what you do. I personally know of 20 people with this issue including family members. It isn't an easy thing to deal with when people that haven't seen you in a while ask if you are sick ore if something is wrong because you are so thin. I understand most would kill to be in my shoes but in all reality it is not a good feeling and it can be quite embarrassing. So again this really is for the people that have this problem and if it can help just one person feel better about themselves then job done. Good luck to you in your personal journey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful
    I was drinking the ensure plus and noticed that the carbs and sugar we're sky high and my little tummy couldn't handle it .

Hey Beautiful, How are you? Yes i know it's very high in all those areas but I think that's how the weight comes back on. Did you sip it really slowly over at least 3 - 4 hours? That's the only way it won't make you feel sick because it is so rich. Apparently with our stomachs it takes a really long time for us to be able to absorb all the good stuff in it so you have to take it really slow. I think about it like I did in the beginning of our journey with the protein, it used to take an entire day to get it all in, it's a pain but it's working so I'm pretty happy about that. Anyway I hope you are well and enjoying your new body!! Take Care
    is it possible that the same emotional/psychological issues that make us fat are the same ones that make us too thin? just a thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam G
    is it possible that the same emotional/psychological issues that make us fat are the same ones that make us too thin? just a thought...

Hi Pam, No not at all or at least in my case. I eat constantly get in more than enough protein, water and workout so I take excellent care of myself. I have just seen that with some of us it just falls off super fast and there is no end in sight. It just happens to some people and I think once our metabolism kicks into gear it just keeps going. There so many people with this issue and I think because the bulk of this surgery is so new they were not prepared for this as being one of the side effects. My Nephew and Brother In-Law go through the same thing and one eats a million calories a day in junk, the other eats healthy like me and neither one of them can gain a lb. Both different Drs. and their Drs. don't really have a solid explanation aside from what I said with the metabolism issue but it truly is the unknown at this point.
    Thanks, Zoey. We have used this for elderly family members who have lost too much weight due to illness, chemo treatments, and it really does help.

For a while there, I was also considering it. But then I figured out how to keep my weight stable without resorting to sugary foods.

Losing too much weight -- or stopping losing weight -- is a real problem for some WLS patients. Our metabolisms vary tremendously though -- some need to eat a lot to maintain, and some seem to get short-changed and are limited to fewer cals. I also figure this could change over the years.

It is what it is. So we just have to go with what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoey101
    Hey Beautiful, How are you? Yes i know it's very high in all those areas but I think that's how the weight comes back on. Did you sip it really slowly over at least 3 - 4 hours? That's the only way it won't make you feel sick because it is so rich. Apparently with our stomachs it takes a really long time for us to be able to absorb all the good stuff in it so you have to take it really slow. I think about it like I did in the beginning of our journey with the protein, it used to take an entire day to get it all in, it's a pain but it's working so I'm pretty happy about that. Anyway I hope you are well and enjoying your new body!! Take Care
    Well I didn't need to gain but with this severe hiatal hernia it's very hard to get things in my mouth and down my throat I was trying to drink two a day for the calories ,vitamins.but looks like I'm gonna have to have the Gastric Bypass to get rid of this severe heartburn that never goes away .thanks for your concern and good luck to ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful
    Well I didn't need to gain but with this severe hiatal hernia it's very hard to get things in my mouth and down my throat I was trying to drink two a day for the calories ,vitamins.but looks like I'm gonna have to have the Gastric Bypass to get rid of this severe heartburn that never goes away .thanks for your concern and good luck to ya.
    Oh no Beautiful, I am so sorry to hear that. Are you sure that's the only way to deal with your issue? Can't they just do a hernia surgery and that will fix it? I feel so bad for you and please know I am here to support you through this tough time any way I can. Please keep me posted on your progress, have a great nigh and best of luck to you!!!
    here's one of Dr Weiner's videos that talks about the genetic component of obesity and WLS:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...50&FORM=VDFSRV
    Well, I can't speak for the "magority" because I'm only one person.....
    But it is an issue with people post sleeve....I'm one of them and I know a few others on this site with the same issues that don't want to go public with it, probably afraid they'll get responses that aren't helpful, maybe even hurtful.
    So yeah. Thanks for the tip ;-) I was going to buy some yesterday at stop n shop but they wanted $10.99 for a 6 pack. Going to check rite aide or CVS

A year ago I didn't have this problem. Now I do.
    @beautiful i feel you my acid got worst with the sleeve, had a hernia repair and now im worst cause the gases are killing me and the acid still bothers, i dont know what to do cause i dont want to do a bypass, so i dont know what i will do, every day i pray for some miracle to happen to me because it really scares me, all we can do is pray