Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

High Protein Shake with Collagen

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Shirl View Post
Sleeved or soon to be sleeved,

I'm still in preop jumps and hoops, and I recently completed my 90-day dietitian and internist visits.

I had lost some weight, but it had been slow. I had a vascular edema scared last month and started eliminating sodium and carbs altogether, except for complex carbs that come from mostly green vegetables.

I recently found out about collagen whey protein powders that are rich with essential amino acids and probiotics, I had been using a organic whey isolate grass fed protein powder that I loved, but it didn't have any information on other nutritional factors other than the dietary values (cals, fats, carbs, protein).

So I ordered a Vital Proteins Collagen Whey it has 27g of protein, 9g sugar (3 fiber) I think from the coconut water they use to sprout cacao beans) and 2g fat per two scoops. I mixed it with my premier protein, and 1/2c of nonfat Greek yogurt. Total cals were 365, but it had 68.5g of protein which is about how much we should be consuming post surgery right? I was thinking that sipping one of those shakes a day might be sustainable the weeks following post surgery. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	225 
Size:	193.5 KB 
ID:	25696

I haven't weighed myself since last Thursday's appt and will do so tomorrow to see how I did with this week's protein experiments. My doctor wanted me to loose 15lbs prior to surgery.

Let me know your thoughts about my concoction, I do have to admit that I tried downing the whole thing and I got full half way through, waited about an hour and drank the rest. Also I found out most bodybuilders load up on protein to loose fat, and gain muscle so that was a motivator for me.

Submit "High Protein Shake with Collagen" to Digg Submit "High Protein Shake with Collagen" to del.icio.us Submit "High Protein Shake with Collagen" to StumbleUpon Submit "High Protein Shake with Collagen" to Google

Comments