Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

thenewmetoday

I am 4 years old today

Rate this Entry
WHERE DID THE TIME GO? i CANNOT EXPRESS FULLY HOW THE SLEEVE HAS HELPED ME IMPROVE MY LIFE.

I WAS 70 WHEN I HAD SURG. I AM NOW 74 AND MY HEALTH HAS NEVER BEEN BETTER. 4 YEARS AGO I WAS DIABETIC, HYPERTENSIVE, AND VERY DEPRESSED. MY KNEE WAS SO BAD I WAS IN CONSTANT PAIN, USING A CANE AND COULD NOT WALK VERY FAR. TODAY I CAN GO OUT IN THE BUSH AND HIKE AS FAR AND AS LONG AS I WANT. I AM DRUG FREE. THE FREEDOM IS AWESOME.

I KEEP MY KITCHEN HEALTHY AND DO NOT KEEP NEGATIVE FOODS IN THE HOUSE. I KNOW THAT IF MY TRIGGER FOODS ARE AVAILABLE I WILL EAT THEM. I AM AFTER ALL HUMAN. LOL

THIS SITE HAS BEEN MY TOTAL SUPPORT AND I HAVE MET SOME AMAZING FRIENDS, IF ONLY WE COULD ALL MEET AND SHARE A BOTTLE OF WINE. THANK YOU MY DEAR FELLOW SLEEVERS.

THINK I WILL GO NOW AND HAVE A WEE CRY OF JOY. LOVE YOU ALL AND ENJOY YOUR JOURNEY TO A NEW LIFE.

Submit "I am 4 years old today" to Digg Submit "I am 4 years old today" to del.icio.us Submit "I am 4 years old today" to StumbleUpon Submit "I am 4 years old today" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

As an "almost 4 year old"' I am so happy for your success!! Thank you for staying on here and encouraging everyone, including myself. Cheers to you!
    Happy 4th Birthday! You look fantastic! And your posts have been essential to my learning thank you for that!

Sending you immense love, and I hope you have an amazing day celebrating you! <3 <3 <3
    Happy 4th Birthday! Congratulations on your success. Thank you for sharing your experiences with the sleeve and changes to your health.
    (sniff, sniff)

Dittos from me to you. I would bring all the wine if we could just all get together and share it.

My next surgiversary (#2) doesn't happen until August. If I am where you are now 2 years after that, I'll be over the moon.

For the gazillionth time -- those of us who have been sleeved and fortunate enough to lose all our excess weight are the luckiest people in the world. But those who've done that know that losing it is the easy part. Changing our lifestyle -- doing what works for US, not someone else -- and maintaining that lifestyle with discipline is the real achievement.

You have done that. R E S P E C T ! ! ! !
    Listen, can you hear it??! It's all the applause and the standing ovation on being one awesome member of a family of friends. Happiness to you and everyone celebrating with you.
    THANKS ALL, YOU SURE MAKE ME FEEL SPECIAL......YOU ARE ALL WINNERS AND SUCH A HEALTHY UPLIFTING SUPPORT GROUP. CHEERS JOANNE
    Thank you for sharing. I had the sleeve done this April 5th and my wife had it done Oct. 2014. I have the exact same health problems. Recently about 6 months ago I started having pain in my knees and was diagnosed with osteoarthritis. I've lost 35 lbs. since my 2 week pre-op diet. I have a lot less pain in my knees now. I'm hopeful I will do as well as you have long term and can change my eating habits. I think my wife and I doing this together will help alot. Thank you again it gives me hope. God Bless.
    THANKS KAJUNGUY, GOOD LUCK TO YOU. I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT 6 MO. POST SLEEVE I HAD KNEE REPLACEMENT WITH EXCELLENT RESULTS. THE 50 LBS THAT I HAD LOST REALLY HELPED. NOW IT WORKS LIKE A DREAM.
    Congratulations and you are an inspiration. what a great story. Nothing but health and happiness to you!!
    Hi Joanne, thank you for the update! and congrats on your journey! I'm feeling lucky I could have that surgery done, even if it's not easy everyday, I know I would have been on so many health troubles in a few years, it's a life savor!
    My mother in law just had knee replacement in March, I wish she could get a sleeve too, but in France you can't after 65 and she is 68... what a bummer!
    Anyway, I send you my best wishes, thanks again for your post! take care!
    Congrats and happy 4th birthday. What a successful journey you've had ��
    We only make you feel what you are, Joanne, successful and an inspiration to many of us! You have always been a "friend" and bari-buddy and between friends like you and this site; I feel I wouldn't have been so successful so, "Thanks!"
    I'll be "5 years" in July and life is wonderful. I totally agree with ann 2, although I always seem to agree with ann Maintenance is a challenge, but one that I'm now not afraid to tackle and still feel lucky daily that I had the surgery.
    I am working at our local hospital in the bariatric surgery program and am so very lucky to "pay it forward." I get to work with the patients both pre-op and post-op!