Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Aydensmomma

An update

Rate this Entry
Soooo, I am now 123lbs. According to the BMI charts I am a few pounds shy of "underweight" but according to my mirror I am already there.
My size 2's are baggy. My fitness pal tells me I need 2,320 calories a day to gain 1lb a week. I am having a really hard time getting in that many calories. The foods I eat just don't add up to 2320 calories. Maybe if I has an appetite I wouldn't have as much trouble getting those calories in.
eating is like doing laundry: Something one has to do but not something that is happily anticipated and planned. It'

The good new is that my iron went back up into the normal range and I was able to donate blood this past weekend.
Overall my life is going pretty well. My son turned 5 just over a week ago. He's registered for kindergarten
I can't wait for the warm weather, I'm so tired of being freezing all the time.
In the past I dreaded the spring because it meant less clothes & bathingsuits and at 255lbs I was embarrassed at the way I looked
This spring I'm feeling that same dread, but for different reasons. I'm really hoping that by next spring I'll be excited about bathingsuits.
I hope everyone is doing well. A golden rule:
Don't compare your loss and your journey to anyone elses.

Submit "An update" to Digg Submit "An update" to del.icio.us Submit "An update" to StumbleUpon Submit "An update" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

you inspire me!
    You are doing great and look amazing!! Bet you never thought you'd have an issue with getting that many calories in a day!! I think I would love to have that problem any day but I understand the issue here.
    Hope you get your warm weather soon! I'm in California so I can't complain
    Maybe protein drinks to up calories. You look amazing btw. I can not imagine having to get that many calories in. Good luck!
    That's the biggest problem....how to get in that many calories while still eating healthy? I tried and failed every day. Each day I start over a decade try again.
    Who thought you'd ever have this problem, right? Are you already incorporating lots of healthy fats (nuts, avocado?) Gave up fat free for 1 or 2 percent dairy?

I have tried in plan plan plan mode here to figure out how to get 2000 calories "some day" into a banana test tubish belly without grazing all day. Best I could come up with is 4 healthy meals a day plus a snack and g'bye fat free.

I plan on eating all the food groups still, too (some day). Do you eat whole grains?

Smoothies might help you, too. Usually we should "eat" our calories and not drink them, but, if you are struggling to maintain, maybe a multi fruit smoothie with organic, grass fed full fat yogurt might help you out?
    oh man, I can't wait to have that problem!!!
    I feel your pain. I hit 139lbs down from 270lbs. 4 more and I will have lost half my body weight, which you have already done. I seem to eat protein all day with a little mix of everything else in there. I don't count calories but know I'm not getting enough. But I am hopeful that someday it will stop and I will be on the maintain phase. I make sure I don't get into bad habits to try and stop the weight because I know that will be a deal breaker when I hit the maintenance phase. As for swimsuit season (I live in Arizona which gets to 120 in the summer so they are a must) I have leaned to finding swimsuits that have some length to them. I found a couple of hankerchief (spelling?) type that will cover up my thighs which are the most noticeable for the weightloss at this time.
    Hokie doke ... you and I have been hanging out here for a long time together. So I feel like I have a little (?) permission to talk to you like this:

So consider this -- everything you're afraid to eat you're just that: *afraid* to eat it.

And consider this even more: You don't have to eat 2300 or 2500 calories of all-nutritious food -- it takes a lot fewer than that to sustain a body very well. But now you do need to eat that many calories -- so go where you've been afraid to go; go to the high-calorie stuff you have built a huge habit of avoiding. You are NOT going to become obese. But you are going to gain weight.

And if you're *afraid* to gain 5-10 pounds at this point, then please, please, please seek some therapeutic counseling. And find out how to manage your fears so you don't become unhealthy and unattractive (your words, not mine), but just in a different way.

We have ZERO experience doing this part of the journey. But now we have 1-2 years of losing weight and all the new habits that helped us do that. But they're only habits. Now it's time to learn some new ones.

Every new situation requires a new assessment and a new program. This is a new situation.

SENDING YOU BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I applauded you! You are such an inspiration! I mind myself trying to get away with eating trigger foods which will only hurt me!
    I've read several commits.. I'm gonna have surgery in June or July. I was wondering do you have hair loss and diarrhea and get sick and throw up a lot.. My niece does and I kinda worried about that.
    Hi Teri, your blood work is good and that's the most important! but since you are at 18 months post-op now, may be you will start to gain a little soon...most people do gain a little around 18/24 month. But you are what my doc called a "super-responder" so may be that won't be the case. I think the easiest way to get more calories would be to drink more shakes, and make it full (healthy) fat with peanut butter etc...I see my doc and nut next week, I will ask them if they have ideas. Take care!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muted_Tummy
    Who thought you'd ever have this problem, right? Are you already incorporating lots of healthy fats (nuts, avocado?) Gave up fat free for 1 or 2 percent dairy?

I have tried in plan plan plan mode here to figure out how to get 2000 calories "some day" into a banana test tubish belly without grazing all day. Best I could come up with is 4 healthy meals a day plus a snack and g'bye fat free.

I plan on eating all the food groups still, too (some day). Do you eat whole grains?

Smoothies might help you, too. Usually we should "eat" our calories and not drink them, but, if you are struggling to maintain, maybe a multi fruit smoothie with organic, grass fed full fat yogurt might help you out?
    Said bye to fat free a while ago. I think I will try drinking calories. I like smoothies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Hokie doke ... you and I have been hanging out here for a long time together. So I feel like I have a little (?) permission to talk to you like this:

So consider this -- everything you're afraid to eat you're just that: *afraid* to eat it.

And consider this even more: You don't have to eat 2300 or 2500 calories of all-nutritious food -- it takes a lot fewer than that to sustain a body very well. But now you do need to eat that many calories -- so go where you've been afraid to go; go to the high-calorie stuff you have built a huge habit of avoiding. You are NOT going to become obese. But you are going to gain weight.

And if you're *afraid* to gain 5-10 pounds at this point, then please, please, please seek some therapeutic counseling. And find out how to manage your fears so you don't become unhealthy and unattractive (your words, not mine), but just in a different way.

We have ZERO experience doing this part of the journey. But now we have 1-2 years of losing weight and all the new habits that helped us do that. But they're only habits. Now it's time to learn some new ones.

Every new situation requires a new assessment and a new program. This is a new situation.

SENDING YOU BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have m6 permission to say whatever the heck you want ;-)
    I guess it's like this......stupid nutritionist said "from now on, for the rest of your life...no sugar. No carbs. No fat. No this, no that."
    And I followed that for a little while, until I spoke to someone on here when I stalled who said eat what I want. So I felt like I was cheating but that feeling went away. Fast forward to today, I eat whatever I make for meals. For example last night I made ham, egg and cheese sandwiches. I ate took bites, felt that icky feeling and stopped. 10 min later I ate more, I ended up eating half the sandwich. Took 45min. Lunch is usually ham and cheese on a half of a bagel and I usually eat all of it, but it takes at least an hour. Breakfast.....never was a morning eater. I'll eat a rice crispy treat when I drop my son off at school. I have my carnation instant breakfast - 2 packets in 24pz of whole milk. Drink throughout the day.
    I'm not afraid of gaining 5-10lbs. I actually want to get to my goal weight of 145lbs
    My body issues.....I got an app to build up my butt. Lol. I took some pics of myself that I'll post in my album.
    Ah well. I'm going to what I need to do to gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Hi Teri, your blood work is good and that's the most important! but since you are at 18 months post-op now, may be you will start to gain a little soon...most people do gain a little around 18/24 month. But you are what my doc called a "super-responder" so may be that won't be the case. I think the easiest way to get more calories would be to drink more shakes, and make it full (healthy) fat with peanut butter etc...I see my doc and nut next week, I will ask them if they have ideas. Take care!
    Yes, please ask. My doc thinks I'm doing great and since he and the Nut are in the weight loss business they don't like when I ask how to gain the healthy way lol
    Quote Originally Posted by wydols
    I feel your pain. I hit 139lbs down from 270lbs. 4 more and I will have lost half my body weight, which you have already done. I seem to eat protein all day with a little mix of everything else in there. I don't count calories but know I'm not getting enough. But I am hopeful that someday it will stop and I will be on the maintain phase. I make sure I don't get into bad habits to try and stop the weight because I know that will be a deal breaker when I hit the maintenance phase. As for swimsuit season (I live in Arizona which gets to 120 in the summer so they are a must) I have leaned to finding swimsuits that have some length to them. I found a couple of hankerchief (spelling?) type that will cover up my thighs which are the most noticeable for the weightloss at this time.
    It's hard to get used to our new bodies. And a lot of us have the skin, but it's better to have the skin then the fat. Try to start tracking so that you can figure out what you need to maintain, so you don't keep loosing