Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Davis165

Got a compliment ..kind of.

Rate this Entry
I was at work the other night, just about to go on my break when the patient I was with noticed me getting all of my things ready for break. I walk during my breaks and was getting my phone out, for music and my headphones. The patient asked me if I was going to exercise, to which I said yes. They said how much weight did I want to lose. I said about 80 pounds. They looked at me and said, I doubt that you have 80 pounds to lose, maybe 50, more like 40. Now, to someone else their comment may have been an insult, but to me it was like mana from heaven! For someone to look at me and say that I only needed to lose around 40 or so pounds made me feel great! Forty pounds, for those of us that have not less than 150+ pounds to lose, 40 pounds is almost like a drop in the bucket. It almost makes you feel normal. I smiled that day during that walk. This surgery has been one of the best things that I've done for myself!! I hope that everyone is doing well!!

Submit "Got a compliment ..kind of." to Digg Submit "Got a compliment ..kind of." to del.icio.us Submit "Got a compliment ..kind of." to StumbleUpon Submit "Got a compliment ..kind of." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That's got to be a the greatest compliment to you and all your hard work. Sounds like you deserve it. It IS the best GIFT you can give yourself. Is a second chance to be able to run up or down the stairs, tie your shoes, just bend over and NOT have to shop in those ugly clothing stores. Good Luck on your journey and enjoy its sweet reward.
    Congrats to you and what a example you were for your patient. I am so happy for you, keep up the good work!!!
    You have a nice patient! that's always encouraging when people around us see something different, on a positive way...we all have a tendency to be more judgmental with our-self!
    my husband told me yesterday for the first time "wow! now I see a difference!" when I was getting ready to go out .. I was still wearing the same shirt size since surgery but yesterday did wear a smaller size and it did show more my weight loss I guess. When you see someone everyday, it's hard to see a difference, my friends tell me often they see a major change, I don't really see it so far, so hubby's comment made my day too:-) have lot's of great happy days! take care
    Thank you! It was such a nice thing to hear. It's a major motivation, too.
    ~Sandra3~
    Congratulations to you on your weight loss and continuing transformation!
    That's awesome!