Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Aydensmomma

The stomach bug!!

Rate this Entry
My daughter went to her friends house Friday night. They went to the Chinese restaurant and out to ice cream, then hung out at her friends house for 2 hours. Last night her friend started throwing up and having diarrhea, just feeling terrible. Luckily we had plans yesterday or the friend would have come to my house.
A little while ago my daughter told me she's had diarrhea 4x today. She has no problem eating and no fever/vomiting.
I have been bleaching everything in the bathroom, lysoling door handles etc.
I'm so afraid to get the stomach bug. I hate throwing up (who doesn't?) And I remember reading about someone who had the bug and did something.....twisted her stomach or something like that? I'm 14 months out and if I didn't hurt anything with all the vomiting I did in the 1st 48 hours I don't think I'll hurt anything If I started now. Has anyone had the bug? Is there a magic pill to stop the bug?

Submit "The stomach bug!!" to Digg Submit "The stomach bug!!" to del.icio.us Submit "The stomach bug!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "The stomach bug!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am finally in the last phases of the flu. Got it on March 2nd and am still coughing but at least not feeling like I'm dying anymore. Luckily it did not include the vomiting just everything else. Lost 7 lbs in the process which I did not want to lose.
    Ugh it's horrible! Everytime my daughter comes out of the bathroom I go in a bleach everything.
    Luckily she seems to be getting better and hasn't vomited, just the other stuff
    I'm glad your feeling better wydols
    Ugh it's horrible! Everytime my daughter comes out of the bathroom I go in a bleach everything.
    Luckily she seems to be getting better and hasn't vomited, just the other stuff
    I'm glad your feeling better wydols
    Me too. Just trying to stop the weight loss. I know you've had some of the same problem. Have you been able to stop or put some back on? I'm 1yr and 5mos and have not stopped at all.
    Last year we did travel a lot in countries where hygiene was not the best and I found something great almost by accident. I was taking oregano oil in capsule for a few years to prevent lungs infections, when my daughter got really sick from food poisoning and we had to take her to the international hospital (that was in Thailand) for IV. We had the exact same food, and I was only lightly sick. After looking into it, I found out that it was a powerful "natural antibiotic". The kids used to be sick almost once in each new country, since that I make them take one capsule of oregano with their meal and we had no problem (kids need to be older than 8 years old). It also help with colds ....when I had the stomach flu after my sleeve I didn't take it because it was too soon post op, but I think I will start to take it again very soon. I've been reading a lot about oregano oil and wish I had used it long before!! it works so well!!
    I'd take her to the doctor. If she's having diarrhea for that long, could be gastritis or something else. She should be on a bland diet and making sure she stays hydrated with water or pedialyte or gatorade. Hope she gets to feeling better soon.