Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Theresa2

2 months post

Rate this Entry
If I get all my proteins I don't get all my liquids and vice versa. Anyone have any helpful hints? (I don't drink protein drinks because my clinic encourages us to stop using them asap.)

Submit "2 months post" to Digg Submit "2 months post" to del.icio.us Submit "2 months post" to StumbleUpon Submit "2 months post" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm just a pre opper....but in my prep notes I have down to add unflavored protein powder to liquids if this is happening in the first three months.
    Yea, keep drinking protein shakes.
    They count towards your liquid intake too.
    I told my Nut's, theirs 3, I prefer and will be having protein shakes for my breakfasts and somex another for a snack. The shakes I use have 30g protein. They said its ok but didn't like me having the second.
    Sometimes we just have to do what works best for us

Theirs some foods that just have a lot of protein in fairly small amount of them.
    --@4 oz chickenbreast has @30 grams,
    --cottage cheese is high too, 1/2 cup serving @ 16g
    -- Can of tuna @ 40. I'm sure other fish are just as high too I've always found fish light in the stomach.

** now a truly good one ,their are protein powders that are tasteless and can be mixed in anything, water, other liquids and foods which bolsters the protien content. So whether you eat or drink your getting protein.**
    Green tea, sugar free popsicle's, jello(add that tasteless protein)
    --Theirs an app, you set it to buzz when its time to drink, you preset how often it goes off. (Personally I drink normally, I don't "sip")
    Well, it's equally important that you get in enough liquid and enough protein - so, if the only way you can do that is by using protein drinks, then I would recommend doing that....at least until you can get more in, or more often or however you accomplish it without them. Obviously you want to follow your clinic's advice, and follow your doctor's recommendations but I would think that when your clinic suggests you stop using them asap, they literally mean asap - as soon as possible. If you can't get both liquids and proteins in without them right now, then it's not possible ... as your stomach heals up, and things progress, you will be add more foods, and get in all you need from natural sources - 2 months out is still early days
    Plus, not all "protein drinks" are created equal - some are actually better quality and more desirable than protein from other sources!