Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jerzeygirl

"Paying it Forward"

Rate this Entry
As some users of this site might know, I've been an active member of my local bariatric community for the last few years since surgery. I facilitate the local hospital support groups, organized and managed the fashion shows in our local mall in conjunction with my surgeon's office and the hospital, and have many dear friends whom I now call my "sleeve family." I've also had a vision of working professionally within the bariatric center where I had my surgery. I sent the appropriate persons a job profile describing what I think might help others seeking surgery and finally, it has come to the attention of the "right people." Lo and behold, I was offered a job at the hospital in the bariatric center and staring this month will be an official employee! My position will be created to assist others seeking surgery, going through the process, and beyond. I am over the moon excited to be blessed enough to have this opportunity. I wanted to share the news with my virtual family and let others know that opportunities come in the most unexpected ways after surgery. It might not be a new career, but it may be something that wasn't possible or even thought of, pre-surgery.

Submit ""Paying it Forward"" to Digg Submit ""Paying it Forward"" to del.icio.us Submit ""Paying it Forward"" to StumbleUpon Submit ""Paying it Forward"" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That is fantastic news! Congrats!! <3
    Congratulations!
    Congrats....
    YOU HAVE WORKED VERY HARD FOR THIS, SUPPORTING AND ENCOURAGING OTHERS AND STAYING TRUE TO YOURSELF. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND YOU WILL BE AN ANGEL FOR YOUR CLIENTS. CHEERS JOANNE
    That is absolutely wonderful! I am so happy for you and they are lucky to have someone like you!
    Best of luck with your new job!
    jerzey!!! I am so happy for you! This is something that I have been thinking about doing as well. Congratulations! You are such an inspiration and will be a great source of knowledge for anyone seeking surgery.
    Oh, gosh! I am so happy for you and for your greater bariatric community. This is going to be wonderful for everyone. Thank you, jerzeygirl.
    Woo hoo that's so exciting!!! I dream of becoming a bariatric nurse
    Thanks for all the well wishes
    Congratulations! I have thought about asking my Dr's office about something similar, so I am encouraged that someone not only had the same thought, but made it happen!
    Your experience as a successful sleever should give you more credibility since you've "been there done that". Congratulations
    happy dance time !!!! Many successes along the way.
    what a wonderful gift you are to all the people struggling!! how great!! so happy for you!!
    Congrats. I have learned so so much from you. You will be wonderful at the new job
    Awesome!!
    Congratulations!