Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

SoReady4Change

Excess Skin???? Help!!

Rate this Entry
Ok so I heard the horror stories from weight loss and I am seeing it first hand. I am hoping that by going to the gym I can get rid of some of this excess skin. Does anyone have any recommendations??? I am happy about my surgery and happy that I do not have alot of excess skin as I have seen on that reality show, Skin Tight, but nonetheless, I really do not want any. I am now thinking about surgery once again.

Submit "Excess Skin????  Help!!" to Digg Submit "Excess Skin????  Help!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Excess Skin????  Help!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Excess Skin????  Help!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

that is what i am afraid of b/c we can not work out for 6 weeks and that give the skin a head start
    HELLO,, IM ONLY 3 MONTHS POST OP,, AND I STARTED STRESSING ABOUT THAT TO,, AT MY HEAVIEST I WAS 277,, AS OF ALMOST 2 WEEKS AGO I WAS 80LBS DOWN AND THE CLOSER I GOT TO MY GOAL WEIGHT OF 200 I COULD SEE MY BAT WINGS FORMING,, I KNOW ITS TO BE EXPECTED,, I DONT RELY ON THE SCALE TO SEE MY PROGRESS,, BUT IM KIND OF NERVOUS TO WEIGH MYSELF,, I DIDNT REALIZE THE WEIGHT WOULD FALL OFF SO FAST,, I LOOKED IN THE MIRROR TODAY AFTER I DID MY HAIR AND MAKEUP,, AND IT WAS THE FIRST TIME SINCE MY SURGERY I COULDNT RECOGNIZE WHO I SAW IN THE MIRROR,, SO SO WEIRD,, I THOUGHT WOW THE NEW ME,, SHOCKING AND MIND BLOWING,,I KNOW EVERYONE PLATOES AT 1 TIME OR ANOTHER. HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO STOP LOSING WEIGHT? ANY INPUT WOULD GREATLY BE APPRECIATED... THANK YOU
    Wow Shaw - your mind and body will take some time to get used to the new you. That's amazing - congrats!
    SoReady - I did not see my excess skin issues develop until I lost the last 10 pounds. I don't have a lot but I do have skin on my belly, thighs, and of course I have lovely bat wings. I think the losing the last 10 pounds of fat is what made them more obvious, however I would not trade being at goal weight for tighter skin. I don't know if I could have avoided the excess skin issue because I was a yoyo loser. I think of my skin as a balloon that was blown up, had the air released, and blown up again over and over. I don't think my skin trusts me not to need it to accommodate the weight again. I've heard wait a year and see what your skin does. Today I don't feel like I'm going to have a tummy tuck or any other procedure done. I love the skin I'm in today. I'm healthy and strong in that skin and of course I can always use the bat wings if I need to fly some place fast.
    I still have some excessive skin under my arms, or to say "bat wings" but when I started strength training, I have lost a couple of inches but it is still there. I think it depends on our age and how elastic our skin is. Some people do have to have skin removal done and some don't. Everyone is different.
    Thank you ALL. I am going to explore my options.